Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Welcome to Mount St. Helen. (Read 72590 times)
Jason
Ex Member

Re: Welcome to Mount St. Helen.
Reply #40 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 9:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
it looks like i have 2 accounts? lol

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #42 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Aha, another talk face in the chat area causing a problem. This started happening back when snapper started playing, because he had the skaarj skin. I did a workaround fix for that, which is that the skaarj talk face is not shown in the chat area. When it happened today, I think we all had some of the very stock skins, so that's odd.

Suggestions would be to update D3D driver, or to turn off Show Chat Area option in preferences.

Quote:
it looks like i have 2 accounts? lol 

why did you register another account?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
I could not for the life of me figure out my old account it wouldn't let me in, could you fix?

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #44 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
That error won't happen with OpenGL right? Isn't that an old D3D attack to crash servers?

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #45 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
I could not for the life of me figure out my old account it wouldn't let me in, could you fix?

Do you just mean you forgot your password? Just try clicking the "Forgot your password" button, it should mail you a new one. Hypothetically that is. I've never tried it myself, but I'm sure that's what it would do.

Hermskii wrote on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 4:52am:
That error won't happen with OpenGL right? Isn't that an old D3D attack to crash servers? 

That is apparently correct, it won't happen with openGL. We had four players on, the two with D3D crashed, the two with openGL did not. And though I've heard that was used as an attack, I think something else would have to be in play, like valhalla avatar, because that is the only way I could think of that a client could get a bad file on to the server. Well actually that's just a guess, but I'm trying to draw on my experience from coding.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #46 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah,  Ithought that crash sounded familiar. I think there is a patch for it as well. What version of patch is the server running on now? 436? 440? 451? 451A? 451B? Other?

I've also seen that error if the S3TC textures are installed on the players computer but the player is still set to use D3D as their video renderer. If they do that, the game won't even start up. It will just crash with an error complaining about the over-sized textured blah blah blah..

That is why in my latest S3TC testure package (repackage of DIEHARD'S textures plus more) I say in the directions where to get the OpenGL driver and how to change your UT to use it.

Yep, I have made a new package complete with my perfect directions to help people install and use these textures properly. keller already gave it a shot and enjoyed his success. Since then, I have also installed the "Extreme End" S3TC textures he offered and they had toal success as well!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #47 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 6:26am
Print Post  
If Helen's server is at GameServers.com, it is the latest 451b I believe. Wink

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

5L3V1N
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Hello all @ Mount St. Helen. Top server excellent maps  Grin

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #49 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Hey, welcome, thanks for the praise. I've managed to play with you a few times, I hope to see you more often  Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

5L3V1N
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Yeah def, it's one of the best dm's i've played on. Map selection is great and varied Smiley

One thing though M.S Helen, just played on the server with a player called "21" and a bot called "Killer" wrecked it for us. This was at 11.15pm GMT (london) time..... I can see the sport or fun in using a bot............

IP Logged

5L3V1N
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Sorry typo above "cant see the sport or fun........."

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #52 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report. I can see from the stat file that 21 thought he was a bot too. And the other stats and time of game indicate a bot. So he's been banned.

London eh? I was born in england. That was a long time ago, lol.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

5L3V1N
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
May i ask where in the uk? I think you got the better deal moving lol. Originally i'm from the west country uk (Wiltshire), a country bumkin....

screenshot_2.png ( 3079 KB | Downloads )
screenshot_2.png

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #54 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Born in the country? Is there still any country left over there? lol

I was born in Wolverhampton, left when I was only 4 months old.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

5L3V1N
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
just about but it's political, "changes" amidst with new building regulation on green belt areas blah blah.... A northern lass eh?  Smiley

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #56 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I'm a guy! Just FYI!

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #57 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
What? Really? OMG. LOL

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #58 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Nothing wrong with living out in the country (the sticks) - I am very glad I do!

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

relentless
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #59 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Want to say 'Hello' I have been playing on your server lately and really enjoy it. I like the map rotation. Reminds me of the early days of playing UT at work. Before my company downsized, we would fire up UT about 15 minutes before 5pm and play internally on our network. We played custom made maps mostly, my computer was the server. At one point there were 4 of us playing. Sometimes I would have LAN matches with my brother and our mutual friends on the weekends. I run Macs, no Windows for me. Been using them since 1992. I can use Windows or Linux, but prefer the Mac OS and hardware.

I'm in advertising/marketing, mostly do printed material and websites. I'm a photographer, you may have seen some of my work in the 1990's and early 2000's if you were looking to purchase a Hoover vacuum cleaner. Our company produced the point-of-sale labels/cartons for them and I was the photographer. Later I also helped make the labels/cartons. Currently I maintain several websites and produce product data brochures, company literature and other material needed for marketing.

My home rig is old, a Blue and White G3, with an aftermarket cpu, PowerPC 750 GX-1.1 GHz. An ATI Radeon PCI 9200, 1 GB RM and three internal HDs and two external HDs. My latest endeavor is video. I have been producing DVDs of my kids sporting events for the last three years. This year I was asked to photograph my son's swimming team and make a video for the Winter Banquet. 900 images later, I have a 15 minute video that is just as good as a commercial DVD.

See you on the server, I live in the EST time zone, so most times you will see me is between 9-11pm EST. Thank you for keeping the UT game alive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint