Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Shock Rifle, Blue Gun, Bio Rifle projectile color choices - 'how to configure' (Read 5594 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Shock Rifle, Blue Gun, Bio Rifle projectile color choices - 'how to configure'
Feb 9th, 2019 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
I have updated my medMunition mutator so that you can choose a few things:
  • The color of projectiles from the Bio Rifle.
  • The color of projectiles from the Blue Gun.
  • The color of projectiles from the Flak Gun.
  • The color of projectiles from the Shock Rifle.
  • The sound of the right-click for the Shock Rifle.

(Caveat: your settings will be ignored for team games, these settings are just for DM).

There are two ways you can set your preferences.

METHOD 1: Set some keybinds:

In order for these keybinds to work in-game, you need to have picked up the weapon whose preference you are trying to change. If your keybind works, you will get a message telling you the new setting. Ok here are the keybinds, the keys I use here are just for example, you can use what you want. You do this in system/user.ini

• I=medMunitionToggleShockAltSound
  • O=medMunitionToggleShockColor
  • P=medMunitionToggleBlueGunColor
  • U=medMunitionToggleBioColor

Then join the game, pick up one of the above 3 weapons, and press your keybind. If it works you'll get a message.

METHOD 2: Edit the config file directly:

• Connect to either the mountain or island server.
  • Pick up either a Bio Rifle, Blue Gun, or Shock Rifle, it doesn't matter which one.
  • Quit and close UT.
  • Go to your UT's system folder, and open a file called medMunitionConfig.ini

The contents should initially look like this:
Code
Select All
[medMunitionConfig007.medMunitionConfig]
useMySettings=false
useMedMunitionCross=false
bioColorMode=2
flakColorMode=3
pulseColorMode=2
shockColorMode=0
shockAltSoundMode=1
saved=True
readmeUseMySettings=choices: (true,false). True means your settings will be used. False means the server settings will be used. (Note, for team games, your settings will be ignored).
readmeColorMode=choices: (0,1,2,3). 0=red, 1=blue, 2=green, 3=rainbow (rotates evenly through all the colors)
readmeShockAltSoundMode=choices: (0,1). 0=off,1=on
readmeKeybindTip=Here are some keybinds you can set. Their name should be self-explanatory as to what they do. In order for these keybinds to work in-game, you need to have picked up the weapon. If it works you will get a message telling you the new setting.
readmeKeybind1=medMunitionToggleBioColor
readmeKeybind2=medMunitionToggleFlakColor
readmeKeybind3=medMunitionTogglePulseColor
readmeKeybind4=medMunitionTogglePulseCrosshairMatch
readmeKeybind5=medMunitionToggleShockColor
readmeKeybind6=medMunitionToggleShockAltSound
readmeSaved=internal use, do not change this value.

The ones that you can change are:
  • useMySettings
  • bioColorMode
  • flakColorMode
  • pulseColorMode
  • shockColorMode
  • shockAltSoundMode

The ones that start with 'readme' are just helpers to remind you what values you can set for each setting.

Ok, if you want your settings to be used, you need
useMySettings=true

Then you can play with setting values for the other three. I think the readme is pretty clear what values do what.

===================================

Ok that's it.
Any questions, let me know.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2021 at 2:59pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Shock Rifle, Blue Gun, Bio Rifle projectile color choices - 'how to configure'
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
I added keybinds so you can cycle through your preferences, please see the first post for updated instructions.

If you had previously set some preferences, sorry, you will have to reset them. Should be easy though now with the keybinds.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Re: Shock Rifle, Blue Gun, Bio Rifle projectile color choices - 'how to configure'
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2019 at 5:19am
Print Post  
With my great love of editing weapons and monsters on certain maps, a ways back I found the MH4ever.u which has 4 different shockrifles in it.

Each 1 uses a different color and its projectiles are twice as strong as a normal shockrifle, though nowhere close to an instagib.

I gave those projectiles to monsters on this map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nagkmzyd85twyat/MH-EG-DARKFOREST_AMW.zip

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

JJ_Shabadoo
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
very cool !

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
I have done an update, so if you were using the color preferences, you have to open the medMunitionConfig.ini file, and move your previous settings into the [medMunitionConfig007.medMunitionConfig] section. If you need help, let me know.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 10:56pm:
I have done an update, so if you were using the color preferences, you have to open the medMunitionConfig.ini file, and move your previous settings into the [medMunitionConfig007.medMunitionConfig] section. If you need help, let me know.

I don't know if it is related, but after the change, I am getting this glitch, where it seems that your alternate hud (I don't have it enabled) tries to overlap the original for a second. I wish I could take a screenshot, but it happens too fast.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
TankBeef wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 12:56pm:
I don't know if it is related...

It shouldn't be, the crosshair code is in medMunition and medMunitionConfig, which were changed for this update, while the alternate HUD is in medHUD, which I did not touch. But I'll look tonight at medHUD for a bit to see how that could be possible.

Edited:
I would need to see a screenshot of what you see.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2021 at 12:39am by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Edited:
I would need to see a screenshot of what you see.
[/quote]

I tried to take the shot Helen, I was prepared for it,  but it was too fast, blink of an eye fast. Well, right now I finished playing from Atropos to Cityzen, and I only got the glitch on the last map with the enforcer. Does not look like the alternate hud though, now that I saw it again. A rectangle replaces the weapon for a second, then the weapon comes back normal. Anyway, it does not seem to affect gameplay much. I'll check the log again to see if there is something there.

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:29am
Print Post  
TankBeef wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 3:51am:
I only got the glitch on the last map with the enforcer. Does not look like the alternate hud though, now that I saw it again. A rectangle replaces the weapon for a second, then the weapon comes back normal.

I had the same thing happening, it had something to do with the 469 settings. I had to turn off shader type in open GL
also found out that if I don't install 469A before 469B I'll get all kinds of problems

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:29am:
I had the same thing happening, it had something to do with the 469 settings. I had to turn off shader type in open GL
also found out that if I don't install 469A before 469B I'll get all kinds of problems

Thanks, will try it next time. Wow, I was kind of beginning to like that shader, but I can do fine without it.  Grin

EDIT: The rectangle appeared once tonight while playing the Unit map. Looks like it is something in the OpenGL. It is not the shader though, I had it disabled. I did notice that the ZRangeHack was set to FALSE, and I always have it on TRUE. That setting prevents the weapons from appearing over the hud. This rectangle issue only occurs online, will have to check if it appears while playing other servers.

EDIT2: Yes, apparently it was the ZRangeHack set to FALSE. Just finished playing from Empowered to Gris without trouble.
EDIT3: No, it was not the ZRangeHack. I finally managed to take a screenshot. It is when you pick up the second enforcer. For a second, this is what you get. The thing is, this only happens to me online.
EDIT4:I have just finished playing 2 matches on another server, and did not have this issue.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2021 at 4:58am by TankBeef »  

Shot02026.png ( 2414 KB | 44 Downloads )
Shot02026.png

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Hi Helen, don't know if you saw the previous post, I edited it many times cause I don't know the rules here about double posting, I know that ut99 forum discourages it. It may go unnoticed because of that. Summarizing, when a second enforcer is picked up, a rectangle appears for a second where the weapon should be, then it appears normal. The picture is attached above. So far this only occurs when playing in your server. And I started seeing this after the medMunition modification.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I did notice that edits don't email me, but I did see that you had edited it yesterday, but it is so hot here that I am not going to concentrate on anything until this heat wave passes! The next 2 days are forecast to be 38°C, and I do not have air conditioning. I'm hanging out in the cellar.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:51am:
I did notice that edits don't email me, but I did see that you had edited it yesterday, but it is so hot here that I am not going to concentrate on anything until this heat wave passes! The next 2 days are forecast to be 38°C, and I do not have air conditioning. I'm hanging out in the cellar.

Wow, poor Helen  Shocked,  try to keep hydrated as much as you can. That temperature is way higher than here.

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
I have the same problem only with the patch, and only on helens server that I can tell.

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2021 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 11:38pm:
I have the same problem only with the patch, and only on helens server that I can tell.

Ok, so it is a patch thing...oh boy... Undecided
There could be a renderer setting for that...it is not the shader though, I disabled it, and it is still there.

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #15 - Jul 1st, 2021 at 12:49am
Print Post  
No, I was wrong. I have 3 games installed 436, 469a, 469b ,and all of them do it only on helens server.

Edit: I went back with 436 direct 3D and still have that problem. Don't remember having that problem until recently?

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2021 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jul 1st, 2021 at 12:49am:
No, I was wrong. I have 3 games installed 436, 469a, 469b ,and all of them do it only on helens server.

Edit: I went back with 436 direct 3D and still have that problem. Don't remember having that problem until recently?

Ok, so not a patch thing, nor renderer. And did you have the problem before the medMunition update? Are others having the problem also?

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:27am
Print Post  
So, I decided to test and start a match with the 436 version, and yes, I can confirm I still got the square. That is a version with absolutely everything default, even the maps, I use it mainly for testing. Now, why are Hostile and I getting the same glitch, even with different Windows versions, but Helen does not?  Huh
EDIT: Java confirmed me just now that he also gets the square.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2021 at 1:57am by TankBeef »  

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2021 at 2:40am
Print Post  
I remember you telling me you got it with double enforcer, and I had double enforcers a couple of times tonight on the server, so I was purposely changing to it and away from it, and I did not get that square...  weird.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #19 - Jul 21st, 2021 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Jul 21st, 2021 at 2:40am:
I remember you telling me you got it with double enforcer, and I had double enforcers a couple of times tonight on the server, so I was purposely changing to it and away from it, and I did not get that square...  weird.

Just thinking a bit...could there be a modified setting that is common to D3D and OpenGL? The 436 I use for testing, GOTY edition, has everything default, even the renderers, and I still get the glitch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint