Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Welcome to Mount St. Helen. (Read 72500 times)
Hermskii
privatehook

Re: Welcome to Mount St. Helen.
Reply #20 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Welcome here. You like messing with code a lot right? Good! It is good to have you here too. Enjoy!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #21 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Hey all. A couple of requests from your friendly neighborhood admin.

Please exhibit good sportsmanship while playing on the server. This is the primary measuring stick of a successful mountaineer.

And, no cussin'. Use your imagination and come up with 'gee willikers' or something, that is much more polite and entertaining at the same time.

Thanks for listening.  Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #22 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Was it me? Did I cuss? I'm sorry. I'll stop. Wait a second....nope it wasn't me!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

JDKeller
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Lol, It was me I apologize Smiley

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 4:41am
Print Post  
The shame! No really! That should be your new nick name! Maybe name a map that! LOL. Just kidding. Thanks for fessing up. I was going to blame it on Evil Grins! LOL

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

JDKeller
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
lol

IP Logged

cyborg001
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #26 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 3:27am
Print Post  
hey all,  new to the forum here, nice server and great ping, would like to see more traditional maps in the mix such as deck, turbine etc...;  I generally play TDM and DM,  but sometimes CTF, Domination, LMS, and BT

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #27 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 4:50am
Print Post  
cyborg001 wrote on Nov 24th, 2011 at 3:27am:
hey all,  new to the forum here, nice server and great ping, would like to see more traditional maps in the mix such as deck, turbine etc...;  I generally play TDM and DM,  but sometimes CTF, Domination, LMS, and BT

Hey cyborg, welcome, it was good playing with you tonite. Some of the old school maps are in there, they'll come up alphabetically. As for the others you haven't seen before, they're pretty much all standard on this server, so you would get used to them fast and they become second nature.

Some of the standard maps I'm so bored of, so they're not on there. I do map though, so I'm kinda thinking to give some of those old ones a facelift. Just a couple days ago I did a remap of DM-Agressive, it was worth it  Smiley
I'm thinking of redoing Tempest.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #28 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Welcome here cyborg001.

Hey Helen, just curious; what would a master mapper such as yourself change about Deck16][ not that anything really should be done to alter the "most perfect map" EVER made. LOL. I was just wondering...

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #29 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Hermskii wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 2:29pm:
Hey Helen, just curious; what would a master mapper such as yourself change about Deck16][ not that anything really should be done to alter the "most perfect map" EVER made. LOL. I was just wondering... 

Hmmm, fun question to ponder. I suppose for the redo to still be considered Deck16, the basic layout would have to remain the same. I guess what I would bring to it would be softer edges, and more realistic architecture. Maybe some sort of geometry tweak if it worked.

And you? What would you change?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #30 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
I'd move the big box by the Flak Cannon corner to the center of the back wall. I'd make a long hallway into the wall right behind the sniper rifle on the upper deck with a teleporter at the end going to the center of the middle ramp. It would be one way. Just from the deck to the ramp. I'd center those 2 or three boxes on the upper level to the center of that wall. I'd make all of the acid in the map into water. I'd put some sort of doors in each hallway down on the bottom level on each side of the lower jump boot structure. That is about all I'd would do that would mess up the best map ever made. LOL.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #31 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Woah. Do you dream of deck?

A teleporter for the snipers to get away? No, no, they need to be trapped when we come hunting for them! The doors down below, do they go anywhere or are they just ornamental.

This should be your first mapping project. You don't need to know how to type fast to map, lol.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #32 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Hahaha. No. I'm not going to learn to map or edit Deck16][ at this time and don't forget, I view that map from a Redeemer only point of view. The doors would just make it harder for folks to hide below in the hallways and hook deemers up topside. When deemers are coming in at you, there is no place to hide on the sniper rifle ledge. The big box on the wall by the flak cannon is a very hard spot to dig somebody out of during a high player game and provides way too easy of a hook and detonate spawn kill location.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Ever so often I get Connection failed in the Server, it just happened 5 min ago ,5:27pm time frame and had to reconnect, it started doing this yesterday too, please check logs and you will. THanks.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ever so often I get Connection failed in the Server, it just happened 5 min ago ,5:27pm time frame and had to reconnect, it started doing this yesterday too, please check logs and you will. THanks.

Can you tell me which map? 5:27pm doesn't mean anything to my time zone, or to the server where my game is on, it's 5 hours fast or something. I told them this yesterday but they didn't update it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
You can just check the server logs when  I  connected, the connection failed happened my time 5:27 central. It actually happened a lot on Saturday, throughout the day, but I know it happened Sunday around 5:20-5:30ish. I'm still going to experiment because I am running into more issues, OpenGL is fine for day or so then something happens where it bogs down and is affecting mouse, So I may run it in Windows XP on a virtual machine, I will just allocate 3gigs of Ram and 4 cores to it and see if this helps then run OpenGL.  But for now I want to work on more coding.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #36 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Let's wait and see if it happens again, then give me the mapname, date, time and timezone.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
ok

IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm:
Let's wait and see if it happens again, then give me the mapname, date, time and timezone.

DM-Axon
Time: 4:03 Central time 12/13
Connection failed me only-however Ch3dd@r didn't(this time I was at work and it happened)
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2011 at 11:40pm by »  

IP Logged

Jason
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Fresh INstall, same errors,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint