Welcome to Mount St. Helen.

Started by Helen, Dec 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermskii

Ban him. Ban him now before he hacks all of us! OMG!
~Peace~

Hermskii

lolzsec

lol nothing to fear, I am the good guy, ethical hacker for Google Hermskii.   ;)

Hermskii

LOL! This is sort of funny to me because I have not posted too much here in a long while but I do always come by to read stuff. I have posted a few times in the last few weeks and the discussions have been awesome.

I giggled at "ethical hacker" but I have hacked someone for good reasons before and they were grateful once I showed them why it was important that I did it. They increased their security soon after!
~Peace~

Hermskii

RiTALiN

Welcome lolzsec! Good playing against you both past & present! Always up for more players  ;) also a big THANX to Helen for renewing the server!
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

lolzsec

Thanks RiTALiN! See you on the Mountain.

Hook

[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

lolzsec


ALEXANDRO

Hi HELEN !!! Your Server is beautiful!!! But now I can't reach the server - it says that I have no package "citytex"? but it strange because I played on this server recently. What to do? why the server does not give me all necessary files ???

Helen

Hi there, welcome to the servers. Your problem must be solved because I see you playing right now. I'll join for a bit :)
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 74760127022F08277676460it says that I have no package "citytex

If it says "mismatch", here is what you have to do. First go into your UnrealTournament/Textures directory. If you see a file called citytex.utx, rename it to citytex.utx.temp, and then just rejoin the server.

However if you don't see that file in your UnrealTournament/Textures directory, then it is in your cache, which is a bit more work to get rid of. You have to do this:
  • Go into your UnrealTournament/Cache directory.
  • In there is a file called cache.ini, open it.
  • search for the word Citytex.utx
  • When you find it, it will have a really long GUID in front of it. That is going to be a name of a .uxx file within the  UnrealTournament/Cache directory. Let's say for example you see:
    91D27E6111D395CA8C838F9218CC71BB=Citytex.utx
  • That means you need to delete the UnrealTournament/Cache/91D27E6111D395CA8C838F9218CC71BB.uxx file.
  • Now go back into the cache.ini and remove the entire line that had Citytex.utx in it.
  • Save and close the cache.ini
  • Rejoin the server.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Hey there Alexandro! Glad to play with you on the isle!
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

ALEXANDRO

#91
yes - the word was "missmatch". Thanks Helen!!!
Thanks RITALIN !!! I am also glad!!! I hope to see you every evening -


Hook

[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

XeroX1

#93
Hi Everyone`s Mountain and Isle :D  :D
oops because I appear as jack and not as XeroX? LOL
how change it?

Helen

Hi Xerox, glad you registered :)

To change your display name, start with the User CP link and follow these links:
User CP > Profile > Edit Profile > Displayed Name

I remember two things I wanted to tell you. One is how to open your console window. This is an example of what it looks like:



This lets you see all the messages that have occurred, including any player message you may have missed. The default key to open this window is the tilde key, or the "~" key (top left of keyboard, under the ESC key). Try that. If that does not open it, you need to set a key. You can do this in UT by using the Options > Preferences menu, then click on the Controls tab, then scroll down until you see the Console Key. Then you can set one.

Now that you know how to open it, I want you to use it to set something. Open the console and type this in it:
netspeed 5000
That should improve your connectivity.

Anything else you need to know, just ask!
One of the Scriveners.

XeroX1

Ok helen, thanks for help me, that improves the ping in the game?
indeed I could not change my display name for XeroX :( .. because I will not let

Helen

Quote from: 635E4954633B0that improves the ping in the game?
It does not improve ping, but should help with lag.

Quote from: 635E4954633B0indeed I could not change my display name for XeroX Sad .. because I will not let
You probably made your unique ID as "XeroX", and even I cannot change that :(. You could make it "XeroX."
One of the Scriveners.

XeroX1


RiTALiN

Hey there XeroX, glad to see you made it to the forums! Welcome! Frag You S00n! :P
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

ALEXANDRO

#99
Hi!!! the new problem - the server kicked me out several times, but the reason is other now - very many words about textures and mismaps (without names of them), but I cant remember  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(