Welcome to Mount St. Helen.

Started by Helen, Dec 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Ok did you try this one

C:\UnrealTournament\system\UnrealTournament.ini

UseS3TC=False
One of the Scriveners.

medor

if you use basic d3d with basic setting in the ini it not a good choice for many bugs.

try this one
[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
UseVSync=False
FrameRateLimit=190
Translucency=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=False
FastTranslucency=1
VertexLighting=0
UseTNT=False
Translucency=1
UseVertexSpecular=1
UseTrilinear=False
UseS3TC=False
LODBias=0.000000
MaxAnisotropy=0
SupportsLazyTextures=1
GammaOffset=0.420000
NumAASamples=2
UseAA=False
SwapInterval=0
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
UseSSE=2
AAFilterHint=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
NoFiltering=False
UseFilterSGIS=False
Use4444Textures=False
UseAlphaPalette=True
UsePrecache=True
AlwaysMipmap=True
ShareLists=True
UseMultiTexture=True
MaskedTextureHack=False
MaxTMUnits=0
DescFlags=1
dwDeviceId=1057
dwVendorId=4318
Use32BitZBuffer=False
UseVertexFog=False
UseAGPTextures=False
UseVideoMemoryVB=False
UseTripleBuffering=False
Use3dfx=False
UseGammaCorrection=False
UsePalettes=False
UseMipmapping=False
Description=


or if you ave medium pc you can set this
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1326

if you ave a big one S3TC_Textures_Players_UTRP.Extreme.End
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=482



ave you try the UTv3 ?
it start directly under d3d9 and work with all windows buildes
AA and S3TC are set in it (S3TC files not incluse you need to download it if you want use it)

Helen

Lot of good suggestions to try above, thank you medor and clickhaze!

Alex's first language is Russian and he told me his English is not so good so thank you for your patience.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

It's funny, my UT went darker (not able to adjust brightness either) with D3D.
I still probably need to update the UT renderers I think.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

ALEXANDRO

#124
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clickhaze do you really think that I don't know how to use the "brightness" button ?????????????? >:( >:( >:(

all other suggestions were written for smb who can work as a programmer  :)

I remain on my settings, bye...........

medor

Quote from: 505757535C5D5E4100380It's funny, my UT went darker (not able to adjust brightness either) with D3D.
I still probably need to update the UT renderers I think.

GammaOffset=0.3

clickhaze

Quote from: 1E1C6B4D6845624D1C1C2C0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>:( >:( >:(

Whatever dude, just trying to help. :-/
Tick-raped since 2002...

Helen

D3D worked today on this island, that's good. I meant to post this, but I accidentally posted it on another thread. If you try openGL again, this is what I see when I hit my F11 key.

Open your C:\UnrealTournament\User.ini

Go to the [Engine.Input] section.
Make sure a key is set for Brightness, for example
F11=Brightness

Join the game. Press F11 over and over. You should see messages like this:





It keeps going up by one.

Do you see those messages?
One of the Scriveners.

ALEXANDRO

#128
Hello Helen!!! I have tried once again today !!! I have told about this from the very beginning !!! >:(
d3d gives me the opportunity to change brightness, but open gl shows me only the above picture (your picture!!!) but the brightness  is not changing. But I see what you want from me to see (level 01 - level 10) :D :D :D  but the map is very dark from the very beginning and forever!!!.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
However with  D3D - the map is lightly enough from the very beginning and then I can change  by f11 the brightness to more dark or to more lightly.
I don't know how to explain better.  :'( :'( :'( :( :( :( :( :-X :-X :-X :-? :-? :-?  sorry for my English - it is poor  :'( :'( :'(

medor

Quote from: 3D3F486E4B66416E3F3F0F0Hello Helen!!! I have tried once again today !!! I have told about this from the very beginning !!! >:(
d3d gives me the opportunity to change brightness, but open gl shows me only the above picture (your picture!!!) but the brightness  is not changing. But I see what you want from me to see (level 01 - level 10) :D :D :D  but the map is very dark from the very beginning and forever!!!.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
However with  D3D - the map is lightly enough from the very beginning and then I can change  by f11 the brightness to more dark or to more lightly.
I don't know how to explain better.  :'( :'( :'( :( :( :( :( :-X :-X :-X :-? :-? :-?  sorry for my English - it is poor  :'( :'( :'(


easy
GammaOffset=0.3

ALEXANDRO


Helen

Quote from: 26245375507D5A752424140open gl shows me only the above picture (your picture!!!) but the brightnessis not changing
Ok it is good to understand we were talking about the same thing.

I will post my OpenGL settings on Saturday, I am a bit busy studying until then.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

New IP: 66.225.198.227:7777
One of the Scriveners.

vankuss

I guess i'll post it here
earlier i was playing with ritalin on UTFreakXmas, there's a small invisible collision bug in one of the hallways/archs. stick to the left while going down and you float midair. i wish i had taken a screenie. just saying, it's not that bad (it's not even bad, i noticed it by mistake)

JJ_Shabadoo

Awesome server !
peeps are cool and the maps are rad
  Helen is da best !

Helen

One of the Scriveners.

Hostile

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

Helen

Hostile:
UnrealTournament.ini
Find the CacheSizeMegs value. It is probably 64. Set it to 512.
One of the Scriveners.

Hostile

I usally set it to 128.
Everytime I install the game, it sets it to something like 4.   :-?
Do you think 512 b better?
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

TankBeef

Quote from: 4A4961616A0E0I usally set it to 128.
Everytime I install the game, it sets it to something like 4.   :-?
Do you think 512 b better?

I have mine on 384 lol. I read that more than that does nothing. And of course, If you reinstall the game, it will set the 20+ year old default  ;D We have more RAM now, i think.