Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Weapon Binding to Mouse (Read 1986 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Weapon Binding to Mouse
Feb 24th, 2014 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Just wanted to pass on a way to bind weapons to your mouse instead of your keyboard.  I am pretty slow when it comes to teaching my sausage fingers new keyboard binds.  Currently I use the following setup:

WASD - Movement
Space - Jump
Caps Lock - Walk
Shift - Duck
Q- Air Hammer
B-Behindview 1
M-Mapvote

I have been trying to use E,R,F, and C  for weapons instead of my mouse.  Until I get there, I have learned some good mouse binds. If you are interested try this:

Go to - UT Goty Folder/System/User Ini
Scroll down to:

MiddleMouse=switchweapon 6|switchweapon 3|switchweapon 8|switchweapon 9

and

MouseWheelDown=switchweapon 5|switchweapon 7

and

MouseWheelUp=switchweapon 10|switchweapon 4

Close and save the User INI folder.

What this will do is make your long distance (sniper and shock rifle) weapons on top, spam weapons (razors,goo,flak and rockets)weapons in the middle and finishing weapons (laser and machine gun) on the bottom. 

The last weapon entered is the first weapon selected.  Ie.  Mouse up- #4 Shock rifle will be selected first. Unless you only have a rifle (#10) and that will take it's place.

If you currently use a mouse with the default settings you never know which weapon will pop up (best weapon, previous weapon, etc) and I think this may work for you.  Of course you could just bind your favorite 3 weapons and be done with it.  I think binding any 3 of these weapons -   shock/flak/rockets or machine gun could work well on most servers.  In which case you could just select those in the UT GOTY preferences screen when the game boots up. I just made sure that if I spawn by a razor or goo that I had something to work with.

Hope this helps!

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Re: Weapon Binding to Mouse
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Actually this may help me alot considering i prefer to play without any hud / weapon / health & ammo views @ all, i've actually been wondering this for about a year now, i'll def give it a try, thanks a bunch m8. Appreciated. It's always a pain when it takes a second and a half to reach the desired mapped numerical key to switch to a desired weapon.  Wink

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Cool, I hope it works for you!

IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Hmmm, This might be a good way to have a more 'positive' or 'precise' control over the switching of my PirateDeemerCMM versions while in-game!

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint