Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What is the best way to move in UT? (Read 1279 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

What is the best way to move in UT?
Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:55am
Print Post  
First I have to admit I'm kinda bored, so bear with me.  While doing a beat down on some average bots, I noticed I wasn't moving much.  In fact, just minor movements.  So I asked myself "How much movement do you need to be a good player?"

I really can't make up my mind as to the best way to move around in a public server death-match.  Like most players I have stood still,walked, run straight and in circles, jumped, moved like a snake (left and right),  and dodged.  In every example I have done well enough to win (yes, even won once against 9 players when I walked). If you replace dodging with jumping, good players think you are a noob. Yet, I have done quite well just jumping and flaking other players.  So winning without dodging makes you a noob?

I assumed early on that by the time I could dodge well that I would be a really good player.  But I have beaten really good dodgers without dodging at all.  And non-dodging players have beaten me while my fingers fell numb continously dodging.

So is it better to just have a good connection, good aim and and map control?  Does movement even matter if I can shoot you before you shoot me?  Or what about just running straight down the middle of the hallway and firing away at everything?

I have tried all kinds of different dodging to avoid getting shot, just to see which style is more effective.  There isn't one style that will make you unbeatable. I wish!  When I had a keyboard that did macros, I set up an endless forward dodge just by holding W down. Even adding left and right forward dodging I still died 20 times.  I have dodged before, during and after someone shoots at me.  I have tried only side dodging left and right. or faking left and dodging right. Whatever I can do to get to a position where the other player can't see me. Yet I can die just as easily as standing still if the other player is a good predictor.

I have spoken many times with Helen during game-play about this.  The consensus was to just combine them all.  When I dodge, the game plays really fast but just being fast doesn't mean you will win.  Especially on a server with laggy weapons.

Maybe the real question is...Who the bleep cares?  Good luck and have fun!

IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Re: What is the best way to move in UT?
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Gad Zooks - I think it mainly depends on the map.
Then, it depends on how you feel at the time.
Best way? - I dunno! Sad (but I am lazy to respond LOL) Cheesy

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint