Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hardware experiments are over! (Read 2010 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Hardware experiments are over!
Sep 19th, 2013 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
So as I have written in other posts I have tried to find out why I have have low ping lag.  Whats that?  That's where I shoot my weapon or try to dodge in low ping servers and there is a delay,even with less than 50 ping.  I have upgraded my CPU,GPU, memory, internet, modem,mouse and keyboard.  Well I finally broke down and bought a quad core pc. Pretty loaded.  Anyway, installed my GPU, installed UT and gave it a go.  Well guess what?  It's no different!  So I took it back and bought a 24" ASUS HD monitor with 2ms response and I set the game to full HD.  Man what a difference.  I usually play in 1024x768.  Now it's 1920 x 1080.  The game is definitely less laggy.  I still suck, but boy does it look nice.  And I can live with that!  So the moral to my story...hmmmm...It's better to look good then play good???!!  LoL....CYA.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2013 at 12:13pm by 21 »  

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Hardware experiments are over!
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Hey, welcome to the club! I also have an ASUS, 22", with 2ms response time. And I play UT in 1920 x 1080, and yes, it is beautiful! Maybe that's why I can relax so much, it just looks awesome.

Best hardware upgrade you ever did.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 2:31am
Print Post  
You're right about the monitor.  I should have bought  it a long time ago.  I was pretty disappointed that a new PC didn't solve the trick.  In the last year I have been researching and trying new cpu's, gpu's, UT configs, renderers, etc. Too be honest, I feel like a big weight has been removed from my shoulders.  I tried my best to make this game run better and I honestly couldn't fix it.   I can live with that.

IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
I have an HP "All-In-One" 4 Gigs Ram + 1TB HD with 1080 HiDef (wide screen HD) screen also but 20" I think...
It is amazing how the good Old UT99 fills in an HD screen as if it is made for it eh?
Looks and plays amazingly well. like it was made for it. Cheesy

But, even my Old 1999-2000 HP with 128MB ram and 15GB HD Pentium III still runs UT99 very well.

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint