Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unreal PSX (cancelled) (Read 5173 times)
5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Unreal PSX (cancelled)
Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Pterodactyl Software Ltd      2000

Unreal PSX was a cancelled port of Epic MegaGames' Unreal for the PlayStation console, featuring an entirely new single player campaign. The PlayStation Unreal port was a sequel to the events from Unreal and Return to Na Pali, developed by Pterodactyl Software Ltd in 1998-2000. Cancelled by the will of Infogrames, the game was almost completely forgotten. However, in 2009, an Unreal community member Leo(T.C.K.) has made numerous attempts to acquire the content that was already made and finally, in early 2010, his actions gave fruit. Five of the mappers have sent all game resources they still had to Leo and a remake is slowly in the works. The resources that have been salvaged, include: special PSX low resolution textures, some of which are unique, high resolution texture samples, several of the game's unique scripts by Nick Pelling and 'BAN' (including a weapon known as the Implant Gun, able to possess some of the enemies), and most importantly: almost complete set of maps, containing over 30 levels split into smaller segments due to PSX hardware limits. The mappers that worked on the PlayStation.

and here it is folks....... Converted to PC unreal and a standalone Unreal PSX Beta.
http://3dsl.game-host.org/shooter/game/5762

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Unreal PSX (cancelled)
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Great! Downloading...  I'll check out the maps.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Hmm, after install, neither the Unreal.exe or UnrealEd.exe will run Sad

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:52am
Print Post  
This can happen if you dont have the Microsoft c++ packages from 2005/08/10 i can not say i have had a problem but i did with Alliance.  On download links you will also find converted packages to run with PC unreal if you do not want to download additional Microsoft packages. The standalone is a beta and can be glitchy as with betas, they are far from the finished product and are often test vehicles for new tech at that time. Generally i run individual levels from the Ed. I had problems With Tournament Beta Ed without VB5 installed. Point to note on tournament beta Ed there are suppose to be extra brushes/tools ?????????

PS oops i forgot to say, within the standalone installation directory you will find a folder called UT. In this folder there are two DM maps converted to run on retail UT. (Note to self) maybe it may run in the beta as well. All credit to author/creater

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint