Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Song downloads for canada? (Read 3556 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Song downloads for canada?
Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Hello fellow canuckleheads. I need your suggestions as to the best place I can get songs from. I used to have napster but they ended their canadian service Dec 16th.

I tried emusic this month but my hit rate is abysmal, I'm only finding 30% of the songs I could get on napster.

My fave genre of music is the 80's one hit wonders.

Thanks.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: Song downloads for canada?
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I always used FrostWire ...you know to ummm make back-up copies of all of the music I legally own. It worked great and is still functional to the best of my knowledge.

My wife buys her tunes from that online apple music store place. Oh I have a headache! No smoking...day 3.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Ok if you can give up smoking, I can give up my nightly chips/popcorn.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Day 4. I have had a stress headache for several days. I really don't know why. I don't feel like I have stress other than not smoking stress. I have to admit the headache came on before I stopped smoking and before I started taking the prescription medication to stop smoking.  It doesn't happen every day but has for the last several. I think it started about 10 days back. A tension headache is what it is called by the way. certain muscles on the back of my head get tight and cause me much pain. I have a relaxers to offset this but I want to talk to my doctor before I take them with this anti-smoking med first. Today, so far, no pain thank God!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Take 2 long hit showers a day too. Get a neck and shoulder massage.   Ask them to stretch out your neck muscles.   Don't do the chiropractic route with your neck.  It will cause more pain than relief.  Take it from a guy with a bad neck.  The stress is probably you thinking about quitting and then quitting.  I bet if you made a deal with yourself not to smoke more than 5 cigarettes a day you would feel better right away.  Personally, I don't think a few cigarettes will harm you.  It's the pack a day thing that kills people.

Hope you feel better.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Doesn't smoking curb the appetite? So people who stop smoking start gaining weight? So the trick is to be aware of this and have a slim food lying around, like cucumbers and celery (not chips or buttered popcorn).

Keep it up, cold turkey will get you over the addictive nicotine part faster. When's the hump, 3 weeks? Have you ever gone that long in your other attempts?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I made it for several months a few times before. Hump for me is usally the 14 - 15 days.

I rested a lot this weekend and here at work I'm suffering again even with the muscle relaxers. I have already called my doctor about it. Waiting ofr a call back.

Yes, I have gained about 30 - 40 pounds every time I have quit before. I will not smoke any because it takes just one to get back on that ride. I'm very proud of how well I've done so far. Thanks for the suggestions.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint