Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Let's do it! (Read 11605 times)
Hermskii
privatehook

Re: Let's do it!
Reply #20 - May 30th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
That is a good point. He looks like me when he plays on my machine because I won't let him change the appearance settings. I jusy change the name to him so folks will know it is him. I always forget to set it back until I send a message in the chatbox and it says Hermskii-Jr(age6) said something. Then I have to leave the gave, change my name back to me and rejoin. Annoying! I used to come in and start playing, get killed and see that he had changed me to a girl or a cow or something. I've used my skin since the very beginning and expect to keep it that way forever.

He has his own PC but prefers mine because I have a bigger monitor and a better video card. He can tell the difference. He goes in and alters his skin and then can't undo and makes me come and fix it all of the time so I stopped letting him do it. He also messes up all of the other settings which burns me up so I told him he can't change them anymore.

I need to sit down with him and let him pick something on his PC and set it that and then tell him to leave it alone.

Sorry I didn't make it on last night. I was putting up all of the food I cooked yesterday. I cooked all day. More to cook today. I'm shocked my forum and HOOK's are so quiet right now. I expected them to be busy yesterday but hardly a peep.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Hermskii wrote on May 30th, 2011 at 3:09pm:
That is a good point. He looks like me when he plays on my machine because I won't let him change the appearance settings. I jusy change the name to him so folks will know it is him. I always forget to set it back until I send a message in the chatbox and it says Hermskii-Jr(age6) said something. Then I have to leave the gave, change my name back to me and rejoin. Annoying! I used to come in and start playing, get killed and see that he had changed me to a girl or a cow or something. I've used my skin since the very beginning and expect to keep it that way forever.

He has his own PC but prefers mine because I have a bigger monitor and a better video card. He can tell the difference. He goes in and alters his skin and then can't undo and makes me come and fix it all of the time so I stopped letting him do it. He also messes up all of the other settings which burns me up so I told him he can't change them anymore.

I need to sit down with him and let him pick something on his PC and set it that and then tell him to leave it alone.

You could keep two user.ini files in your system dir, one for you, one for him. Not named the same of course. When you're playing, they would look like

user.ini
user.ini.jr

and when he's playing they would look like

user.ini.dad
user.ini

You would just have to remember before starting up to make sure the right one is in use. A bit of a pain maybe, but perhaps less of a pain.

Hermskii wrote on May 30th, 2011 at 3:09pm:
Sorry I didn't make it on last night. I was putting up all of the food I cooked yesterday. I cooked all day. More to cook today. I'm shocked my forum and HOOK's are so quiet right now. I expected them to be busy yesterday but hardly a peep.

I had 5 other players last night, up to 4 at one time, pretty cool.
Tor_Satiro
TexasTina
Greylox
$19.99_Whore$$
Levelad

So why are you cooking so much?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
I apologize for not making it last night. I am planning to make it there tonight. I was busy watering my foundation last night after realizing I hadn't in way too long.

I cook up a storm of steaks and chicken and sausage about once a month to keep me from going out to lunch every day. It saves me tons of money having good food on hand here at all times. This last batch of food should last just over a month. I'm sorta new to grilling on the pit. I had a nice big gas grill but I burned everything on it all the time. I threw it away and got me a little "Old Smokey" and it is like I know how to cook all of the sudden. My wife is so happy. I like sitting there drinking beer watching it cook as my kids play in a sprinkler in the yard. All American!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Sounds yummy Smiley

Hey, 9pm CST is a bit early for me, 10pm CST is much better, by then I am ready to shut off the rest of the world and commit to UT for a couple of hours. That's also about the time the crowd showed up last weekend, so that works out great for me. Hopefully that isn't too inconvenient for you.   Smiley

There was a guy called Midion on Thursday with your exact skin, he and I and Captain played for 2 hours. He never said anything, Captain and I did all the talking, so I thought maybe it could be junior. It was pretty late though, it would have been 1am to 3am, so probably not. Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Nope, not my kid. Playing at 10:00 is actually better for me too and I suspect better for old late night HOOK. Hear that HOOK? Update the playing times eh! 10:00 PM at Helens. I had a great time playing there tonight. The bots are soooo hard! Beware one name Cora or something like that. She looks like a little elf with huge bull horns. She talks all sorts of smack and moves so fast I can't even get a good look at her before she kills me.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #25 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
OMG my son rules at UT. He is 6 and last night in a fair and square match at Helen's Mt. Saint Helen server my boy beat me and several others several times! I never play against my boy because I never thought he understood it was me. Well last night he proved me wrong!

I have to video tape this and put up a link to it at some point.

I also want to thank Helen for showing up as he always does and David made his UT DM debut and owned me often. Helen came in with a new strategy that worked well too. Helen kicked my butt a lot more than usual last night. Lastly, I have to thank HOOK for showing up and getting busy with us for a few rounds. I used to think the bots were hard but I did far more badly against a house full of real players.

No matter though. I moved up the ranks from 10th to 9th place now and expect to get into the top 5 within the year! The new time of 10:00 pm worked out much better for me and my family as well. I think the biggest shock for me through the night was a few things: I finally met Helen's #1 bot and it was surely the toughest bot I have ever seen on a server. Then seeing my son totally play awesome and beat me legitamately for the first time ever blew my mind. A major shock was seeing David join and play and be so freaking good. I have to admit David that I thought you were going to be easy pickings but you are a sound UT player for sure and I look forward to trying to even up our score soon. I feel you certainly got the best of me last night. Awesome for you but now you are on my list! LOL. I hope to see all of you again tonight!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint