Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Maps (Read 12222 times)
[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Maps
Nov 16th, 2010 at 3:50am
Print Post  
I have the maps to send you in zip format. I don't know how to upload them into a thread. Sad
I have them in email as well. Let me know how to send them to you and they are on their way.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Maps
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Welcome, welcome, good playing with you.

My fault, I didn't have attachments turned on for this board. Now if you reply you will see you can add attachments, just click the plus signs if you want to add more than one. Should be right below that line of smileys.

Or if you want to keep them private, you can just send me a PM.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Hey WELCOME here [rR]Blademistress! Smiley

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Ok here is my playground I call "Docked At Phobos". The map is pretty big. This concept started from many different sources. I used mostly cut and paste to put it together since none of these are really my maps. It came together well though and has been fun to play on. The sounds and lights in the wrecked ship (Oblivion Map) took awhile to do. The hardest part was retexturing Hyperblast. Let me know what you think.

Docked.zip ( 3196 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Here is another concept map I created for an old guildie. His favorite map is Deck16 but he wanted a Curse2 feel for it. I did all the texturing on this map. It's basically a fairly unmodified retextured Deck16. (I know another Deck16 mod is boring but I'll send it along anyway so you can see the texturing).

Deck16AncientRetextured.zip ( 276 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
I used to play with Evil_Bunny sometime back and she asked me if I would make a map for her that was completely original. It developed over time until we ended up with this map. Evil_Bunny is an instagibber but I included all weapons, etc so others could play on it. Bot paths are not done for it as there are many lifts, teleporters, etc. and I don't have enough skill to make the bots use them. We played a LOT of matches on this map. The one-way textures make the large room exceptionally dangerous.

Evilbunnymap.zip ( 456 KB | Downloads )
Evilbunnytex.zip ( 3515 KB | Downloads )
Evilbunnytex2.zip ( 3852 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Here's a Scrivener map I made just for fun. LOL. Let me know what you think.

Scrivener_sMoon.zip ( 2542 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:54am
Print Post  
If any of the maps wont load it's because I forgot a texture pack or something because they all work fine here. Let me know if there are any problems and I'll post whatever is missing. Have fun and see you out there!

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:06am
Print Post  
[rR]Blademistress wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:36pm:
Ok here is my playground I call "Docked At Phobos". The map is pretty big. This concept started from many different sources. I used mostly cut and paste to put it together since none of these are really my maps. It came together well though and has been fun to play on. The sounds and lights in the wrecked ship (Oblivion Map) took awhile to do. The hardest part was retexturing Hyperblast. Let me know what you think.

That sure is surreal coming out of a phobos dock and seeing hyperblast haha. Some good textures inside hyperblast. I always keep em in mind if I want to do a new map. The fave part of the map was the Oblivion part, I liked the 'dead' atmosphere you gave it. And that kind of broken female computer voice you hear strengthens that feel, that was good.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:10am
Print Post  
[rR]Blademistress wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:40pm:
Here is another concept map I created for an old guildie. His favorite map is Deck16 but he wanted a Curse2 feel for it. I did all the texturing on this map. It's basically a fairly unmodified retextured Deck16. (I know another Deck16 mod is boring but I'll send it along anyway so you can see the texturing).

You did it justice, you tried to keep a theme and kept it respectable, so it works. I imagine your friend really appreciated this job. I think ANY redo of deck is good. Notice I don't have Deck, or Hyperblast, or Phobos on my server, I don't really like those maps Sad

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:12am
Print Post  
[rR]Blademistress wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:50pm:
I used to play with Evil_Bunny sometime back and she asked me if I would make a map for her that was completely original. It developed over time until we ended up with this map. Evil_Bunny is an instagibber but I included all weapons, etc so others could play on it. Bot paths are not done for it as there are many lifts, teleporters, etc. and I don't have enough skill to make the bots use them. We played a LOT of matches on this map. The one-way textures make the large room exceptionally dangerous.

I would like to meet Evil_Bunny Smiley

What does the NBDeco.u file do? Do you know how to code?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:23am
Print Post  
[rR]Blademistress wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:52am:
Here's a Scrivener map I made just for fun. LOL. Let me know what you think.

That was pretty fast. Hey shouldn't you be studying chemistry Questioning   Wink
Lot's of ideas here. I did a google for scrivener images, lots of material! You've probably noticed the flags on my server, I'll have to get some scrivener stuff in there. Although my fave pic was the girl in the stapler.

On your PC you should start a new multiplayer game with "advertise server" checked, and put all of your map remakes in the rotation and see if you get an audience. If you do, then start a server!

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #12 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
I don't know anything about code. It's all I can do just to use the wizard to install programs.
The NBDeco.u file i THINK is a 2d texture file for the computer console in the PWN'D room. I transferred it from another map - (the old Reconnoiter Starship Map) that was a map contest winner about 10 years ago. Somehow the NBDeco became infused with the Bunny map so I think that's where it came from. I'm pretty fast at transferring textures from the web into the maps. It's cake.
There are a lot of textures on that Scrivener map with secret rooms behind them. Also, the Enhanced shock rifle is hidden on the outer skid of the shuttle. It's retreivable but not easy to get. The redeemer is outside the window but takes a (fairly) easy jump to try to get back into the game once you get it. (Lucky someone left a maintenance hatch open) Heh.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 4:22am
Print Post  
I just had a look at evil bunny. That's really her? You're not pulling my leg? A good looking girl and she plays UT, cool!

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Yes she's originally from russia if I remember right. She played UT alot just over a year ago, almost exclusively instagib. She is good with weapons but really tears the place up with the IG rifle. She was an officer in Evil clan (about 10 members, mostly a CTF IG clan) I spent a lot of time in Evil clan doing instagib and it really improved my aim. (My nick was Evil_Widowmaker) I haven't seen any of them online for a long time. The Evil_Bunny map I made for her developed over a couple months as we kept loading the map, going into it, talking about improvements and testing playability. Since she is so into the IG rifle, there is one hidden behind the wall at the end of the conveyor belt.
That map has alot of both our ideas in it. For example my idea was to make it so you really did need to break the glass to get the minigun. Her idea was to make the overhead walkway the perfect height so you could jump into it with the jump boots. I was going to make the glass walkways breakable but she stopped me. Although I made the map, many of the ideas were hers. It's a product of both of us.

IP Logged

[rR]Blademistress
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I tried to start multiplayer with the server advertised. My computer connects through a router and there is a problem with upload. You could connect to my server but the upload is so slow that even the smallest of maps takes forever to connect to. (about 0.1% loads per second) I experienced the exact same problem with Evil Bunny so we did everything through email. If you and I do any map mods we'll need to do them through the server threads.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Actually, you are lucky you got past the router part, that's usually the hardest part when serving from home.

What you need to do for your files is to compress them. Do any search with something like "ut compress files uz" and you should get hits on how to do it. The compression part is easy. I think the hard part for you is, where are you going to host the compressed files? Because they have to be at a different IP than your server. Maybe you have webspace with FTP space? Anyway google it and see if it is a possibility for you.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #17 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Why is the Evil bunny in 3 different parts? It it just the map in 1 and a texture in one and a texture in the last one?

I may be able to help when it comes to compressing and redirecting files. Let me know. I host the files for lots of people's servers. I also have a fairly good user manual of sorts for UT that I wrote forever ago but it has stood the test of time and I get requests for it often. I wrote it when I didn;t know much and thus wrote it at a dumbed down level that every beginner can use.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Hermskii wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:49am:
Why is the Evil bunny in 3 different parts? It it just the map in 1 and a texture in one and a texture in the last one?

I may be able to help when it comes to compressing and redirecting files. Let me know. I host the files for lots of people's servers. I also have a fairly good user manual of sorts for UT that I wrote forever ago but it has stood the test of time and I get requests for it often. I wrote it when I didn;t know much and thus wrote it at a dumbed down level that every beginner can use.

One bad thing about Evil Bunny...
There is a texture file (utx) called ahem: "MyTextures.utx"
There are a lot of these texture files out there with this Same Name, as you can imagine.
Version Mis-Match!!! BIG time!
BladeMistress, could you put out another version of the map (with a "II" behind it or something) and with that utx file re-named something unique?

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I'll skim thru these tonite and see if they workout okay.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint