Coming soon... career stat list offline

Started by Helen, Aug 01, 2011, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

I'm working on getting the career stat list to be viewable offline. We'll have to see how realtime I can get it though. Anyway one step at a time. It will be crude at first, hopefully it evolves into something usable.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Sounds very good - Keep up the great work Helen! ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

First version's up and running. If you go to http://www.birdieman.com/stats/, you will see a list of links that start with "stats", just click on the last one for the latest stats. The server is polled every half hour, and if the career list has changed, a new file will be posted.

Plans for the next version:
- fix the display of special characters
- provide more info
One of the Scriveners.

keller


Ray

Well, at #34 I can now lord it over all those below me, and plot against those above...

:D :-/ >:(  :P


Hook

Does this latest stats feature actually Place the html file?
Updating (over-writing) old files?
This is very nice - an actual "Custom" Stats (and pages) for UT99.
In other words, new and not already existing stats. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Quote from: 404747434C4D4E5110280Does this latest stats feature actually Place the html file?
Updating (over-writing) old files?

Just to be clear, it is not the mutator itself that does this part, no, no. What I have done is written an EXE that does this:
- pulls the stat file down from gameservers ftp space.
- checks to see if the stats have changed.
- if so it generates an htm file, and uploads it to the birdieman ftp space.
- it has a timer so it polls by itself every half hour.

These 'all time' frag stats are better than GameTracker's, because mine catches 100% of the frags, and GameTracker does not. IMO!
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

#8
I'm starting to not like game tracker. Not thatI ever liked it anyways but I'm unclear what it polls to determine how it ranks servers.

As near as I can tell, one server with 1 player on it for 6 hours will rank higher than another server with 10 players on it for 5 hours. What I'm saying is I think it just measures any activity verses any activity multiplied by the amount of players. Correct me if you know for sure.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

I don't know anything about the majority of gametracker's stuff. The only thing I know is that it seems to miss your first 10 minutes (or so) of playing time, and thus however many frags you logged in that time. Which in itself might be skewing the other stats, if we knew how they worked in the first place.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

A COUPLE OF UPDATES!

A. Now you just have to go to http://www.birdieman.com/stats/ and you will be looking at the latest stats. Note => If you have visited this page before, please refresh it once when you next visit it. This will refresh the style sheet behind the scenes.

B. More stat parsing. Now you can see top 10 players for last half hour, 24 hours, week, and month (though the month one won't show up for another 3 weeks).
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

That's pretty cool and the best news was I'm number 6 and not number 7 like I thought!

Good work Helen! That is really cool!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

The weekly list is not accurate at the moment. At the moment it is an accumulation of 12 days of data. This is due to a lack of cache files because I used to save data differently. It will start to become completely accurate on Aug 21, 2:30pm MST. It may even disappear before then, but it will return.

There are 3 more categories I'm working on. These will be the top 5 all-time scores for each of the 3 time periods (24 hours, week, and month).
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Then adding a Signature Banner option would be cool for players!!!
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]


Helen

I could do a hyperlink. I'd have to get folks to post the link they'd want though, and I'd manually set it.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 3E3C3D31333126540So am I number 6 or not? LOL.
vie vood u not be?


Sorry my posts on this thread sound like a technical manual, I'm sure there's at least a couple of people out there who enjoy reading them. Out of 7 billion. Onwards.

I was hosting the stat generating app on my work pc, because it was always on (I turn my home stuff off at night). This allowed it to poll every half hour of the day. However our server at work is down due to the air conditioning. So, fine, I started the app at home in the interim, HOWEVER, it doesn't have the previous cache of info from my work pc, so there are no historical stats at the moment. They will eventually come back.

Taking the good out of this, I'll have a plan in place so that I can access the cached files in the future should this happen again.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Ok it's stable, plus some new categories are running, check it out. This version's pretty good, I'll park the development for awhile.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Quote from: 6560696D6A040Ok it's stable, plus some new categories are running, check it out. This version's pretty good, I'll park the development for awhile.
This is Very good to hear! - Thanks Helen! :D
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]