Welcome to Mount St. Helen.

Started by Helen, Dec 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Hey all. A couple of requests from your friendly neighborhood admin.

Please exhibit good sportsmanship while playing on the server. This is the primary measuring stick of a successful mountaineer.

And, no cussin'. Use your imagination and come up with 'gee willikers' or something, that is much more polite and entertaining at the same time.

Thanks for listening. 
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Was it me? Did I cuss? I'm sorry. I'll stop. Wait a second....nope it wasn't me!
~Peace~

Hermskii

keller


Hermskii

The shame! No really! That should be your new nick name! Maybe name a map that! LOL. Just kidding. Thanks for fessing up. I was going to blame it on Evil Grins! LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii


cyborg001

hey all,  new to the forum here, nice server and great ping, would like to see more traditional maps in the mix such as deck, turbine etc...;  I generally play TDM and DM,  but sometimes CTF, Domination, LMS, and BT

Helen

Quote from: 607A616C7164030hey all,  new to the forum here, nice server and great ping, would like to see more traditional maps in the mix such as deck, turbine etc...;  I generally play TDM and DM,  but sometimes CTF, Domination, LMS, and BT

Hey cyborg, welcome, it was good playing with you tonite. Some of the old school maps are in there, they'll come up alphabetically. As for the others you haven't seen before, they're pretty much all standard on this server, so you would get used to them fast and they become second nature.

Some of the standard maps I'm so bored of, so they're not on there. I do map though, so I'm kinda thinking to give some of those old ones a facelift. Just a couple days ago I did a remap of DM-Agressive, it was worth it  :)
I'm thinking of redoing Tempest.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Welcome here cyborg001.

Hey Helen, just curious; what would a master mapper such as yourself change about Deck16][ not that anything really should be done to alter the "most perfect map" EVER made. LOL. I was just wondering...
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 6B696864666473010Hey Helen, just curious; what would a master mapper such as yourself change about Deck16][ not that anything really should be done to alter the "most perfect map" EVER made. LOL. I was just wondering... 


Hmmm, fun question to ponder. I suppose for the redo to still be considered Deck16, the basic layout would have to remain the same. I guess what I would bring to it would be softer edges, and more realistic architecture. Maybe some sort of geometry tweak if it worked.

And you? What would you change?
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

I'd move the big box by the Flak Cannon corner to the center of the back wall. I'd make a long hallway into the wall right behind the sniper rifle on the upper deck with a teleporter at the end going to the center of the middle ramp. It would be one way. Just from the deck to the ramp. I'd center those 2 or three boxes on the upper level to the center of that wall. I'd make all of the acid in the map into water. I'd put some sort of doors in each hallway down on the bottom level on each side of the lower jump boot structure. That is about all I'd would do that would mess up the best map ever made. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Woah. Do you dream of deck?

A teleporter for the snipers to get away? No, no, they need to be trapped when we come hunting for them! The doors down below, do they go anywhere or are they just ornamental.

This should be your first mapping project. You don't need to know how to type fast to map, lol.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Hahaha. No. I'm not going to learn to map or edit Deck16][ at this time and don't forget, I view that map from a Redeemer only point of view. The doors would just make it harder for folks to hide below in the hallways and hook deemers up topside. When deemers are coming in at you, there is no place to hide on the sniper rifle ledge. The big box on the wall by the flak cannon is a very hard spot to dig somebody out of during a high player game and provides way too easy of a hook and detonate spawn kill location.
~Peace~

Hermskii

keller

Ever so often I get Connection failed in the Server, it just happened 5 min ago ,5:27pm time frame and had to reconnect, it started doing this yesterday too, please check logs and you will. THanks.

Helen

Quote from: 3F3138383126540Ever so often I get Connection failed in the Server, it just happened 5 min ago ,5:27pm time frame and had to reconnect, it started doing this yesterday too, please check logs and you will. THanks.
Can you tell me which map? 5:27pm doesn't mean anything to my time zone, or to the server where my game is on, it's 5 hours fast or something. I told them this yesterday but they didn't update it.
One of the Scriveners.

keller

 You can just check the server logs when  I  connected, the connection failed happened my time 5:27 central. It actually happened a lot on Saturday, throughout the day, but I know it happened Sunday around 5:20-5:30ish. I'm still going to experiment because I am running into more issues, OpenGL is fine for day or so then something happens where it bogs down and is affecting mouse, So I may run it in Windows XP on a virtual machine, I will just allocate 3gigs of Ram and 4 cores to it and see if this helps then run OpenGL.  But for now I want to work on more coding.

Helen

Let's wait and see if it happens again, then give me the mapname, date, time and timezone.
One of the Scriveners.


keller

#37
Quote from: 57525B5F58360Let's wait and see if it happens again, then give me the mapname, date, time and timezone.
DM-Axon
Time: 4:03 Central time 12/13
Connection failed me only-however Ch3dd@r didn't(this time I was at work and it happened)

jdkeller