Welcome to Mount St. Helen.

Started by Helen, Dec 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

One of the Scriveners.

TankBeef

Hey Hos, so you are the author of Oceanrunner??? Wow, that is so cool man  :) Very well made, and fun. I knew I had played that map, it is part of the same FOT pack that has FNB Orion's Curse part 1. BTW, I sent a report to github about Orion, there is a confirmed bug in that map with the 469 patches, both a and b. Playing with bots makes the map freeze and crash with lots of overflow repeated lines. That is with Orion, your map works great so far.

Hostile

#142
haha, Yes I'm him ::)
Thanks
For some reason I always made maps that I never play. :P
Some of those FOT maps were top of the line. Dont think my maps were deserving to be in there.
had a 300 k map or 2 in the blito3 300k map pack. There are a few nice net playing maps in there, like DM-300k-DantesArena by FraGnBrag, DM-300k-1on1-DuelOnLift by Derdak2rot several others.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

TankBeef

Quote from: 27240C0C07630haha, Yes I'm him ::)
Thanks
For some reason I always made maps that I never play. :P
Some of those FOT maps were top of the line. Dont think my maps were deserving to be in there.
had a 300 k map or 2 in the blito3 300k map pack. There are a few nice net playing maps in there, like DM-300k-DantesArena by FraGnBrag, DM-300k-1on1-DuelOnLift by Derdak2rot several others.
You totally deserve to be on that pack. I am no expert, but I have heard assault maps are the hardest to make well, and you pulled that off. I can't think of any flaws...but maybe I need to play it more  ;D
I asked Helen about adding some FOT maps to the rotation, but he said they lag too much for a server. Totally understandable.  ;D

TankBeef

Helen, seriously, you can totally put the large Coke back on rotation, the 469b fixed it. You may think it is an "ugly" map, but for some reason, of all the ones you made (Foom included), this is the one I play the most offline.  :)

Helen

Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.
One of the Scriveners.

TankBeef

Quote from: 797C757176180Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.

But I am not getting the error, and I also have the patch. And also the original DarkMind. What I would recommend if you have 469a, either go back to 436 or upgrade to the just released 469b (if you want you can also have more than one ut installation), and test again. If it only occurs with 469, then you can report the bug at github. I have reported four already, three have been fixed, the Orion's Curse one I reported after the recent release, so I am hoping they will fix it for the next one.

-=ASSASSIN=-

Quote from: 02070E0A0D630Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.

imho i wouldnt make me a big head about renderer crashes in case that happens on many maps and most they are using d3d drivers / renderers instead of open gl that most fix the problem same is on 20 th contest maps also  ... regards

TankBeef

Quote from: 233D3123383431242231233825246969500
Quote from: 02070E0A0D630Ok thanks, good to know. Coke is the regular, with Coke][ making an occasional appearance.

Now to figure out why people are suddenly getting a render.dll issue with DarkMindII, after years with no problems.

imho i wouldnt make me a big head about renderer crashes in case that happens on many maps and most they are using d3d drivers / renderers instead of open gl that most fix the problem same is on 20 th contest maps also  ... regards

That is a good point. I am on OpenGL, it gives me better frames per second. I have not tried the map on D3D.

RiTALiN

A big friendly welcome to both TankBeef & Hostile, hope to play against you guy's in the future. Welcome to The Mountain.  :)
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

TankBeef

Quote from: 0519241F15140319141015510A big friendly welcome to both TankBeef & Hostile, hope to play against you guy's in the future. Welcome to The Mountain.  :)

Thanks Ritalin!!!  :) I have been enjoying the server a lot, just ask Helen.  ;D

Hostile

Quote from: 4F536E555F5E49535E5A5F1B0A big friendly welcome to both TankBeef & Hostile, hope to play against you guy's in the future. Welcome to The Mountain.  :)

Thank you very much.
hope to see ya.
It's all in good fun
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

Hostile

I'm guessing the IP has changed. Had server saved in my favorites, but it came up dead. I was happy to see it after I re-scanned.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

Se7eN

#153
I recently reinstalled UT99 and naturally gravitated towards this server because of its vanilla-ness. People have been pretty friendly on the server so I figured I'd stop by and say hi!

Do you guys have a discord?

For transparency, I usually play under the nickname "Intermediate_Xan" or "sev", but most people in the UT community know me as Se7eN.

Hope you had some nice holidays, see you on the mountain!


Helen

Hi Se7eN, welcome to the server. I don't have discord myself, but I do think some of the others might. You should mention it when you see someone on the server, because the ones who use discord do not use the forum that often.

I do try to keep it vanilla, there are a few tweaks, but it is still basic DeathMatch, for sure. You'll see me on more often come January, I'm going to quit online chess for a few months :)
One of the Scriveners.

Se7eN

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to fragging with you in January :)

TankBeef

Welcome Se7en. Hey, I may have seen your name before somewhere, probably even played you on one of the servers. Yes, I helieve I have seen that intermediate Xan.  ;D
I have joined some discords, but I still prefer forums, I don't know, I feel more at home, the discord world still feels too foreign to me.
See you around, the mountain is still my favorite server by far, there is nothing like it, for me at least.  8-)

Se7eN

Thanks for the welcome TankBeef!
That's understandable regarding discord, we tend to stick to what we're used to. I'm used to the IRC days so discord wasn't that new to me, both are similar.

Dr Boo

Hi Se7eN, and welcome!  I haven't used Discord.  Believe it or not, I still fire up IRC now and again.  When I do, it's irc.quakenet.org #helen.  Let me know when you're around and I'll meet you there.  Otherwise, I'll see you in the server!

Se7eN

#159
Hey Dr Boo, thanks for the welcome. I have my IRC client idling on some servers, including Quakenet. I hopped in #Helen though. If I don't reply promptly I'm probably AFK. See you around!