Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Some riff I came up with (Read 48 times)
Se7eN

Hello

Some riff I came up with
Mar 29th, 2024 at 9:26am
Print Post  
I wasn't sure where to put this in terms of forum location, but I wanted to share this riff I've been messing around with.

I'm what we call a "Jack of all trades, master of none" when it comes to instruments - I play a bit of drums, piano, guitar and bass, but I'm not particularly outstanding at any of them.

Anyways, here's the diddly-doo:

Bonus sidenote: My buddy added some subtle organ and reverb to the mix:
https://soundcloud.com/alex-frechette-410378622/7-1a

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Some riff I came up with
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2024 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Nice! Did you have a reverb effect going? Or is that just a nice echoey guitar? Good background for western epic of some gunslinger meeting his maker at his last showdown Smiley

I listened to the other stuff too, nice gritty cover of New Orleans Smiley

Yeah then you got me googling "how to become a paid songwriter", now half an hour later it's "bah" (I'm old and tired), lol.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Re: Some riff I came up with
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nice! Did you have a reverb effect going? Or is that just a nice echoey guitar? Good background for western epic of some gunslinger meeting his maker at his last showdown

Thanks for the compliment! I'm not sure if you've ever played the "Borderlands" games but a bit of inspiration came from them. No reverb was added to the riff in that video, it was just the distance of the mic+room acoustics.

Quote:
Yeah then you got me googling "how to become a paid songwriter", now half an hour later it's "bah" (I'm old and tired)

lol, relatable. Throughout all my years as a musician I only came up with about 9 originals. Not that I was actively trying to write though, mostly riffs that evolved over time.

Preciate you taking the time to listen!  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint