Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1384 FPH (Read 130 times)
Se7eN

Hello

1384 FPH
Feb 24th, 2024 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I thought StalwartXL was the best for me to speedrun these given how the spawns work, but it turns out Draven is even better for abusing spawn kills. I did go try-hard but mistakes were made, I think I can shave off a few more seconds from that 1:18

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Re: 1384 FPH
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2024 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Draven came up on the rotation again and I decided to demorec this time. I didn't manage to beat my latest record but I did hit 1241 FPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZG6XvDHPXs

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
At the 33 second mark you miss a shot... j/k. I won't be topping that one. I am suckage with the rifle. I have a high mouse sensitivity (3.80) for fast turning but that makes it hard to keep the rifle steady. That and my heavy breathing.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2024 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
That seems like a pretty high sensitivity.

I also use high sens: I grew up playing ut99 on a desk that had about 10 inches of space for the mouse, so I had to use high sensitivity to make up for it. Eventually it became muscle memory and til this day I'm a wrist player.

I'm at about 3.3 inches for a full 360 in-game. How many inches does it take for you to make a full 360?

Sidenote: You might do this already but I'll share the tip anyways for anyone reading: For sniping, if you take a look at my vids, a lot of the aiming is done with left/right strafing. I use my mouse to make sure it's on the right axis level, and then use left/right strafing to make the small adjustments.

Rarely will you see me moving left/right with my mouse to adjust for a hitscan shot, I rely heavily on strafing for that. Once I know my xhair is at the right level, I let strafing do most of the work.

Been a while since I played ut, hopefully I can catch a few games this weekend. Hope you guys are doing well, see you in the arena sometime  Wink

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2024 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
You sure you meant 360? I tried it and it took 6 inches, so 3.3 inches is pretty high sensitivity!

I do spec good players now and then and I often see your point about strafing, in that it just seems the game is more forgiving in letting the shots land. I don't think I'll be able to undo 24 years of habit on that one though.

You are allowed to play UT, but only so you have more content for your movies Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2024 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Hmm you made me question myself. Seems I'm a bit lower sens than 3.3 inches. Looks more like 4-5 inches for a full 360:

At the beginning of the video I do a few 360s and it does seem more like 4-5 inches, maybe even 6.

Here are my specs that are relevant to mouse speed:
1920x1080 resolution
1000 mouse DPI
0.67 in-game sens

Sidenote for the curious: The low textures are for my old man eyes, it's a setting in the renderer menu called "lodbias". I have mine set to 7. 0 is default.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint