Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Attention New Players!! If you want to get better immediately do this.... (Read 2660 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Attention New Players!! If you want to get better immediately do this....
Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Here are a few tips to get you more frags right away..

1. Whenever possible, go after bots.  Easier and faster to kill.  Leave the humans alone for now! Or at least go after weaker players.

2. Aim slightly left of all targets.  I have found most players dodge or move to their right (you're left when you look at them head on).  Just keep aiming left.

3. Look for 2 or more players fighting and use a shock ball explosion on them.  Multifrags add up so quick!

4. Move, even a little.  The first thing to try is moving backwards when you fire.  Anything to keep you alive a little while longer. Then move backwards on an angle.  Being still= death!!

5. Find the honey hole. Every map had a spot where players/bots spawn or go to more than other locations.  For instance, look for the shock rifle or armor areas.  Its almost like cheating but man it works well. This is how I finish matches in 3-4 minutes .

6. Get higher up than your opponent. Aiming up is harder than aiming down.

7. Lead with your weapons. Whichever direction (probably left) that players/bots run in, aim slightly ahead to make up for lag.

8. If you play on a laggy server use weapons that create more damage.  The best ones I can think of are multi-rockets and flak bombs. 

9. Finally, if you have a question post it here on the forum.  The forum is harassment free and there is a ton of experience here.

Good luck and have fun!!

IP Logged

jorge
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Re: Attention New Players!! If you want to get better immediately do this....
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2016 at 12:37am
Print Post  
HOLA MI AMIGO 21!!  MUY BUENA TU INFORMACION PARA NUEVOS JUGADORES ESTAS  EN LO CORRECTO...   SALUDOS A LA COMUNIDAD UT.

predator_001.bmp ( 2304 KB | Downloads )
predator_001.bmp

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Gracious!

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Gracious Professor Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
21 wrote on Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:33pm:
1. Whenever possible, go after bots.  Easier and faster to kill.  Leave the humans alone for now! Or at least go after weaker players.

That doesn't work with all bots...

...the Abyss will kill you a dozen times without you having a clue where she was when she did it.
21 wrote on Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:33pm:
8. If you play on a laggy server use weapons that create more damage.  The best ones I can think of are multi-rockets and flak bombs.

Those aren't weapons...

...now that's a weapon!
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2016 at 9:21pm by Ray »  
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2016 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
21 raises some good points,

* also with rapid fire weapons like the pulse & minigun & ripper try and crouch while firing, makes you a much smaller target and use those fast fire guns to mow down hallways, especially useful when more than 1 player is there.

* Be as unpredictable with your movements as possible while maintaining a good flow throughout the map.

* Im a big fan personally of lobbing those flak shells because you can get a pretty good measurement for distance after 1 shot and they have decent "splash damage" similar to the shock combo.

* A lot of players tend to load up on the rocket launchers alt-fire (Grenades) and dump them behind when being pursued, AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS lol. 21 has taught me this the hard way!

There are many tactics and you should find which ones you prefer!

* If your not all to comfortable about getting up front and close with a player practice "escape tactics" 

* Some people prefer to dodge like crazy while charging straight towards someone and unloading a full frontal assault on them.

* Some prefer actions like hiding in crevices, ledges and unusual locations you might have thought impossible and unloading shot after shot leaving you wondering with a sense of panic.

* Keep your head and your wits about you, the sooner you get frustrated the sooner you die. A Calm head tends to keep you alive alot longer.

* When it comes to moving around maps try & find areas where you can move well away from danger and boost your speed a bit.

* Jumping off elevators and dodging over to another ledge and back can really set me people off their game and in this game you need every advantage you can get.

* You can go anywhere but try to never take your eyes off the enemy, flak to the back is not fun  Undecided

Speaking from personal experience there is A LOT of talent here on the Mountain & The Isle and years upon years of knowledge,

I have learned an incredible amount in my time here and I'm grateful for it.
Some people don't want to teach or take the time but it's truly nice when people do.

So keep practicing and ~Ch33rz!~ Were here to frag & have fun.

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
All good advice posts here! Smiley

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 5:20am
Print Post  
  • Always pick up weapons that have been dropped by other players for two reasons:
    • Any ammo in the weapon gets added to your own ammo count.
    • It prevents the enemy from picking it up, so they can't use it to frag you.
  • Same sort of thing with the normal ammo lying around. Even if it is not your favorite ammo, pick it up so that your enemy can't use it against you.
  • Keep your health topped up to the maximum.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint