Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Can't download files after switching to Windows 10 (Read 3763 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Can't download files after switching to Windows 10
Oct 17th, 2016 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Hi guys.
I bought a computer with Windows 10 and I can't download most server files on it.  I have disabled antivirus and firewall. I also can't change compatibility mode higher than Win 8.  So I tried a few of those earlier versions but no luck.  Surprisingly I could download files from FMJ, but not from both of Helens, mine or a few others. I can sometimes download 1 file then it freezes. I'll reload UT and its still frozen. I have tried different renderers. Updated all hardware driver files. I added bonus packs, and 436 and 451 patches. I ran tracerts and ping pinged the servers but there are no isssues. I have also tried 3 different copies of UT (GOG,Medors v3,and Chicken's Ut).  I have no issues downloading anything on Google.  Anything you can think of?

Thanks

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Can't download files after switching to Windows 10
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I can only try to fix things made in 1999 Smiley

21 wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 2:32pm:
I also can't change compatibility mode higher than Win 8

Do you mean lower? You can't choose Win7, or WinXP, SP2?

So I did some googling, as you must have done, because I see you tried all the stuff I found in other posts. But I can't find any posts about download problems.

You can do two things, one for me which is the usual, after a download freeze, close UT, go and get the contents of the UnrealTournament.log, and paste them here. You never know, the answer might be in there.

Another thing. After the play/freeze/close, go look in your computer events to see if it tells you anything. I don't have Win10, but it is something like:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management, when that window opens I see a tree, I expand the tree following Computer Management (Local) > System Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > then either Application and/or System (view them both). Each will list events that have occurred. Look for events that occurred at about the time of your freeze and see if any of them give you a clue as to the issue.

In the perfect situation under Application you hope to see "Level = Error, Source = UT, Details = because you forgot to plug in your computer.", but it probably won't be that. Look for anything that matches the time, even if "Level = Information" to see if it provides a hint.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
???

ave you install UT under admin right?
you can try my UT with no install ...just open the exe with wirar .. drop the folder where you want and test one more

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
P.S. 21, if you get it working, I'll have a look at putting your skin up.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Okay, looked at UT logs.  Nothing in them.  Went to admin tools and found 4 unrelated errors.  Tried Medors ut again as admin. Downloaded and installed another UT GOTY from Unreal Killers and added 436 patch. Rebooted PC and Modem.  Changed modem cables and connector spots on modem. Tried Hooks and MM Militaristics servers too.  They hang up too.  Switched  around public and private settings in firewall. Checked ethernet settings. IPv4 is ok, IPv6 has no network accesss on any pc's in my house.  ISP probably doesn't use it. My speedtests are 700 mbps down and 50 up. Finally I tried connecting with my VPN from different locations.  No luck.  So....I will have to wait on the skin for now. Lol

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
May you ave to do escape for found a windows under the screen game for accept to agree that UT can download.

Try to set tcpip v4 ethernet to the google one
just look at capture for do it https://www.plpeeters.com/blog/fr/post/70-google-public-dns-empechez-votre-fai-d...

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
21 wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 9:18pm:
So....I will have to wait on the skin for now

I'll do it on the weekend.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Okay, so I spoke with my ISP and they said some of their modems have ipv6 and some don't. I would probably have to try several modems to get it.  Right now ipv4 seems pretty good as I can get somewhere between 700-800 mbps down and 50 up. I also tried using open location and adding the server ping. Same result.  Medor I am going to try that google ip and see what happens.

In the meantime, I ended up moving my working UT from my other computer and installing it on the new one.  Same issues, but I have such a large cache on it that most of what I need is there to play.  So for now I think I'm good. 

Thanks for the help everyone. Have a good night!

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Okay, here is my log.  I tried both of your servers first..got in  then I tried some more.  There is something about not being able to find files.  Let me know what you think.

log.txt ( 93 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Did they all fail or did some work?
How about ubUrbanSE, did you get in?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 2:30am
Print Post  
I got into your 2 servers and B00M's server.  The nest couple of servers did no downloads. Did the log help?

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 4:14am
Print Post  
It does not help me with your issue no Sad
I see maybe one line that is a result of the problem, i.e. this line at the very end:
Code
Select All
Log: Pending connect to '108.61.125.164/DM-ThatWasNasty_Dawn-B2.unr?Name=21?Class=BotPack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.hkil?Face=SoldierSkins.Matrix?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?OverrideClass=' failed; Connection failed 

but it does not indicate the root of the problem.

The other fails for maps I think are expected fails for when you don't have it in the cache so the next step is to download it.

Thanks for posting though, it was worth browsing to see if it would help or not.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Okay, well thanks for checking.  As I mentioned tonight on your server I have gone back to my older pc for UT.  It's a dual core I5 processor with a decent videocard so its pretty good.  The pc I replaced had an A-10 7800 AMD processor that kept having a bsod (Blue Screen of Death) on me.  After a month of not being able to fix it, I happily swapped it for a quadcore I5 at my local computer store. Alrighty, have a nice day! 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint