Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic show Local Time in ScoreBoard (Read 4827 times)
CodeX
YaBB Newbies

show Local Time in ScoreBoard
Apr 7th, 2015 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Ever wondered what time it was at the other players, but were afraid to ask?  Huh

With this small mod you can look up the local times in the score board!  Shocked

It is a practice mod and not very serious. I tested it on my server and it worked.  Smiley

The mod has two game types, they are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus and Assault. The package contains a custom UdpServerQuery that disguises the new game types as standard DeathMatch or Assault. (see txt-file)

I tried to minimize replication:
Currently there is one main ReplicationInfo for the time offsets etc. and a "TimeRep" for each player that sends data shortly after login and when a day change occurs on the client.

The mod is intended for dedicated UT servers and there is no *.int file. If you like to test it, you can use the UT-console: open DM-Deck16][?Game=LocalTime12.LT_DM

This is a screen shot:

LocalTime12.rar ( 7 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Re: show Local Time in ScoreBoard
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Not work with custom scoreboard ?

smartctf smartdm assault140 AMLP_HaSm EUTSource ... ??

IP Logged

CodeX
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
It doesn't work with other custom scoreboards...

I suppose the mod can be converted into a HUD mutator, but then it would show up in the HUD and obstruct the view.

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Maybe you can be inspire with the snow in smartctf.

IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
It is something I haven't seen before, and is nice!
I use Helens Custom Scoreboard.

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
A fun idea. I can think of a use for it, now and then when I'm playing I wonder what time it is, this could show me.

As it is, it does have two major drawbacks, the custom gameInfo and scoreboard classes. That limits the number of other mutators it would be usable with.

It could be a hud mutator. But still a drawback is that it would be visible all the time. I myself seriously wish that a hud mutator could capture key input. That allows us to let user choose when they want to see stuff on the hud.

You could just handle the Mutate method and spit out the time information as a message.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

CodeX
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for the replies!

This mod shows the local time of all players in the scoreboard, but I had no other client on the server when I took the screenshot. So there is only 'CodeX'.

Helen wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:14pm:
That limits the number of other mutators it would be usable with.
Why would it limit usable mutators? Please explain.
(both GameTypes are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus)

You could just handle the Mutate method and spit out the time information as a message. 
Good idea! But I also want this mod to be easy to use for clients who have a hard time coping with mutate commands. Everybody can press F1.

I myself seriously wish that a hud mutator could capture key input. That allows us to let user choose when they want to see stuff on the hud.
What do you mean by 'capture key input'? Users may toggle HUD-stuff via mutate commands?

I thought about making it a HUD Mutator, but instead of being shown all the time, the information would fade in at game start or when a new player enters. (or when a mutate command is used)
But the 'fade in/out-technology' is somewhat complicated for me, so I abstained from it.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
CodeX wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 8:20pm:
Why would it limit usable mutators? Please explain.
(both GameTypes are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus)

Two examples directly from the mountain. I am already running my own deathmatch class (medDM), so I couldn't use your mutator. Also, in my medHUD mutator, I am swapping in my own scoreboards, so I couldn't use your mutator.

CodeX wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 8:20pm:
What do you mean by 'capture key input'? Users may toggle HUD-stuff via mutate commands?

Sorry, what I mean was... let's look at the class that DOES work - the HUD class. With this class you can bind a key that will call a method in the class. I have done this with my own inherited HUDs so the user can show/hide stuff using the keyboard. However, you CANNOT do this with a Mutator which you register as a hud mutator using RegisterHUDMutator(). That was big oversight imo.

BTW I did some fade in/out stuff for the Rezzer when you pick it up, you can look in the medRezzer016.medRezzer class for that.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint