Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Alternate HUD available (Read 6608 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Alternate HUD available
Nov 15th, 2014 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Edited:
These instructions have been simplified, and you will only have to do it ONCE, and never again.

When you play on the mountain/island, there is an alternate HUD to use. It will be at the bottom of your screen, in the center. Here are some examples:

It shows timer, health, weapon and ammo count. If you are interested, read on. You will also be able to toggle it on or off with a key press. It will not interfere with any of your normal HUD settings.

How to:

A. Connect to the server for a couple of seconds, then disconnect.

B. Go to your C:\UnrealTournament\System directory, and open the user.ini file.

C. In the [Engine.Input] section, you need to choose some keys to use for these binds. Actually setting a bind for medHUDUse is really the only mandatory one, the others are optional. I do recommend you set one for at least the medHUDShowScores bind. Here are the binds, and here are the keys that I use for example:

F4=medHUDUse
S=medHUDShowTime
D=medHUDShowHealth
F=medHUDShowWeapon
G=medHUDShowScores

D. Save and close the user.ini

E. Join the server, wait for the game to start, and press your hud bind (the one for medHUDUse). Your normal hud should go away and the new HUD should appear.

===== OK YOU ARE DONE =====

Ok those are the basics.

• You do not have to keep pressing the bind to show the new HUD, it will stay visible. But press it a few times, you'll see the new hud and old hud switching back and forth.
  • You do not have to toggle the bind if you are on another server, that will just show your normal hud automatically.

If you try it and like it you can read on to help interpret the health value (because I combine normal health and bonus health), and see more preferences you can set if you want.

More stuff:

(You have to have joined the server for a couple of seconds before doing this)

A. Go to your C:\UnrealTournament\System directory, and open the medHUDConfig.ini file.

B. This is optional if you see a section starting with [medHUD082.medHUDConfig]. That section is legacy and can be deleted. Or leave it there, it doesn't matter.

C. This is the section we can edit, it should look something like this:
Code
Select All
[medHUDConfig001.medHUDConfig]
Use=true
mTime=(Show=True,FontSize="small")
mHealth=(Show=True,FontSize="huge")
mWeapon=(Show=True,FontSize="small")
mScore=(Show=true,FontSize="small")
timerMode=up
lowNormalHealthSign=.
BorderSize=1
borderColor=darkerblue
softBorder=True
saved=True
readme=font size choices: (small,medium,large,huge). Timer mode choices: (up,down). Low health sign: any single character. Border color choices: (black,blue,darkerblue,green,darkergreen,orange,pink,purple,yellow). Border size choices: (0,1,2,3,4)

Here is what you can set and what it means.

use: Possible values are True or False. This toggles the entire use of this HUD. If it is false, none of the items below are drawn, and your normal HUD will be drawn instead. You don't have to set this to true right, because further down we'll set a keybind so that you can toggle its value while in-game. But, you can set it to true now if you want Smiley

mTime, mHealth, mWeapon, and mScore: These are the four "boxes" that show, and for each these boxes you can set two things.
  • show: Possible values are True or False. For each of the boxes you can set a keybind to show the box or not.
  • FontSize: Size of the text in the box. The box will size appropriately to accommodate the text size. Note that sometimes two different sizes may seem the same. It depends on your screen resolution. Just experiment to get the sizes you want. Accepted values: small, medium, large, and huge.

timerMode: This is specific to if you are showing the timer (with mTime above). Possible values, up: timer will start at zero and tick upwards, or down: timer will start with game time limit, and tick downwards.

lowNormalHealthSign: Because the armor and health is combined, it may read "125", but, you don't know if you a
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2019 at 10:24pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Alternate HUD available to use
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2014 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Some pics and comments on the health total. The health is a combination of normal health items (med box, keg, vial, healing plants, etc), and "charge" items (armor, thigh pads, and belt).

If you are at full capacity of normal health items, the total will have a plus sign on the left. This means you are full of normal health and can pick up no more.

If you are at full capacity of charge items, the total will have a plus sign on the right. This means you are full of charge items and can pick up no more (well, you can still pick them up, but it won't increase your total).

If both are at capacity, both the left and right plus signs will appear.

Normal health total:

Bonus health or charge picked up, but neither are at capacity:

Health is at capacity, but charge is not:

Charge is at capacity, but health is not:

Both health and charge are at capacity:

This illustrates the need for the "low normal health" sign (which by default is a decimal, but you can change that if you want). Just because your number is over 100 does not mean your "normal" health is full. For example, this could be 60 of normal health, and 134 left of a shield belt or something. So what is the need for this? It tells you if you should bother going out of your way for a normal health pack or not.

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2016 at 3:33am by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Re: Alternate HUD available - made it easier to use
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 5:58am
Print Post  
I got to test the HUD now for about a day and im extremely happy with it, you know im a big fan of nothing getting in my view, so the fact that it sits right there in the bottom middle and takes up about a single inch of space is perfect! Ive got the main and show scores set so far and have no issues. MUCH, MUCH better than any other HUD changes ive seen. Now i can actually know which weapon I have equipped and how much ammo! Thanks for taking the time to make these, they are well worth the wait. If any of you guys havent tried this yet....DO iT! lol. Cheesy

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 6:39am
Print Post  
RiTALiN wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 5:58am:
and takes up about a single inch of space is perfect!

Exactly! Small and to the point. So glad someone else can enjoy it Smiley  Smiley

Another handy use of the mini-scores... when you join as a spectator, it helps you see how the game is progressing.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Now THAT is COOL! Wink

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Sorry RiT, I had to update this, it is version 001 now. If you join the server and then leave and then open the medHUDConfig.ini, you can move your 000 settings up to the 001 section, and then delete the 000 section.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 5:12am
Print Post  
No problem, I'll make the edit tonight, thx. Just out of curiosity what changed?

Ok so I tried joining and It wont download the new config file. Just stops attempting to download it. Never starts actually.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
I would try again. The initial downloads worked for me yesterday, and I tried it again just now with an empty cache and it was good. Maybe give it a minute.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Today problematic package is medHUDHall006  Huh seem's to have grabbed medHUD001 tho. And no, waiting a minute doesn't have any effect.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint