Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chico Ruins Pack Missing (Read 4135 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Chico Ruins Pack Missing
Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hi H,
I can't play Last Crusader 3 because I'm missing Chico Ruins Pack.  Can we lose the map in the rotation please?  Maybe put in Vault City...not Words...lol.

Thanks,
B

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Chico Ruins Pack Missing
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I did this friday nite but was too lazy to post then Smiley
I do like LastCrusader so it will be on in future, here's how to fix that issue. Bookmark this post!

One of two ways, depends where you have that file.

First see if you have the file ChicoRuinsPack.utx in your UnrealTournament/Textures folder. If you do, rename it to ChicoRuinsPack.utx.MyOriginal. Then join the server and it will download my version into your cache.

If you did not see the file above, then it is in your cache. Go to your UnrealTournament/Cache folder. In there you will find a file called cache.ini, open it up. Search for the text ChicoRuinsPack.utx. You are going to need to delete that line but before you do, take note of the funky characters that appear to the left of it. Those are going to be a file name. For example, you found the line and it looks something like this:

23A349184E5711E295233BAFF3D8BF1F=ChicoRuinsPack.utx

(but you will have your own numbers on the left). This means you will have a file called 23A349184E5711E295233BAFF3D8BF1F.uxx in the UnrealTournament/Cache folder. Delete that file. Now you can remove that single line from the cache.ini file.

Now join the server and it will download the file into your cache.

Piece of cake!

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Thanks H,
Your instructions look as clear to me as the parents sound in Peanuts cartoons.  Maybe you could just put the map on your PC for your private collection.  Lol.  On a side note, that map requires 31 frags to win.  Is there anyway to lose the death at the beginning?

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Hi Helen sorry for a redundant post but i have triple checked my cache folder, i have redone the ChicoRuinsPack.original before, but this time i dont see it @ all, i did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and whatnot and just now i had to quit playing, if i could find the file in the cache it wouldn't be any problem im well familier with that renaming practice, i'll see if copying that specific file from my UT_99_Backup folder solves the issue.  Sad

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:08am
Print Post  
If you are getting a mismatch error when trying to join, then there are no two ways about it, it is either in your Textures folder, or it is in the cache  Undecided

@21, that automatic death at the beginning of map is a glitch that I don't know how to remove.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
I believe my prob should be fixed now, will try testing it today to be sure, previous copy added in and changes made, no worries Helen

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint