Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unreal Series Betas (Read 1158 times)
5L3V1N
YaBB Newbies

Unreal Series Betas
Oct 20th, 2012 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Along my travels down the super highways i've came across various unreal and unreal tournament Betas. Some are fairly easy to come by and others are rare gems and snapshots of how the game was originally. One beta Unreal Tournament Build  v222 is compatible with the current UT436 -451 ie maps. Not all the maps from the retail are in the beta and there are differences in a couple of the maps like Turbine. There are two Characters that did not make it to the final, purple babe and Retro. The whole game has an Unreal feel and look to it as it was originally supposed to be part of Unreal but development time and the size of the task the game was split. The game was originally designed to run on 3dfx Glide and when run in this mode (Glide wrapper) it is superior graphically than D3D\OpenGL. The interesting part is the server browser when loaded it loads Unreal 1 servers. Naturally 222 is not compatible nor with the retail UT but... ppl with copies can put up a server and join  Wink This Beta was reported to be leaked\stolen and ended up on a cd in Russia. It clearly states on the menu screen "not for distribution" PM me for more info.
Also, Build 763 (94.14) : Leaked Unreal Championship leaked PC build beta "UTX-Build" included added DE's particle system (Windows) [Oct 2001] This is an Enhanced UE1 engine basically powering championship2 - 2k3.
Also Build 927 (117.25): Unreal Tournament 2003 E3 2002 demo build 906, but Unreal Engine version is 927 (Windows) [Apr 2002]
Also Build 927 (119.25): Unreal Tournament 2003 beta demo (Windows) [May 2002]
Also Unreal Tournament 2003 Beta full game
Also All Of Unreal Tech demo 1995/Unreal 98Beta/Unreal Beta       STC3 Demo E3 textures + fixes
Phew!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint