Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Demo for Helen (Read 1860 times)
StivBators

Hello

Demo for Helen
Sep 24th, 2012 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
heres that short demo you requested. :p

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Demo for Helen
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Thanks Stiv. Yes it was definitely very... spacey... watching it. Players fading in and out... like Captain Kirk when he was caught in transporter space, lol.

The other vid, the one on Toll where we both do shock combo. That one is mystifying to me. You'll have to tell me what you saw from your point of view.

So here's what I saw on my machine. I come around corner and see you. I right-click the shock. You have by now seen me. I left click the shock, and hit my combo. Nothing happens to you and a millisecond later you release your right click shock, then left click your combo and kill me. I am stunned it is me dead, and not you!

Now what I can see from your video, is that on your machine, my left click never made it there. We see my right clicked ball continue to float off into the distance. Ok. But I don't understand that if even on your machine it shows I am way ahead in getting away my right click, why then am I not ahead in the left click?

I would now like one of the original coders of UT to respond to this and supply me with the answer. And then I would like them to lock themself in a closet and improve the netcode of the original UT   Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Re: Demo for Helen
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 2:46am
Print Post  
I saw what you saw in the demo. The only thing that wasn't clear to me was, did I explode my shock ball or did you hit it ?
I think you hit it, and I get the kill because it's my ball. And if it had killed me instead of you, it would of counted as a suicide for me.  Make sense ? I'm just guessing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint