Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) medGameStat - beta mutator coming (Read 7534 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

medGameStat - beta mutator coming
Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
I thought I'd post this before it's ready to see if any one has any ideas they may want implemented for this. I'm trying to make this useful to someone other than myself.

What is this? Well, it's goal is to create an html page of stats for a game played. For example, here is what it is trying to imitate: http://www.shexpeare.com/vnb/stats/ngStats/html/Individual_Game_Stats/Last_Game/...

First let's look at the "old" way these stat pages were created. In your unrealTournament.ini file you would set bLocalLog=true. What this would do is keep track of the stats during a game, and save it to a file with a .log extension, and it would put it in the UnrealTournament/Logs directory. Then if you wanted to turn this log file into an html file, you would have to run this exe: UnrealTournament\NetGamesUSA.com\NetGamesUSA.com\ngStats\ngStatsUT.exe

What I am trying to do with medGameStat is skip the step where you have to run the exe to get an html file. So with medGameStat you have this (so far):
  • When the game ends, the stat file is immediately made into an htm file (instead of a log file)
  • The htm file will be saved to the directory of your choice
  • There is an option to group the htm files by year and month
  • The htm file can read a css file (which you can edit)

That's about it for now. Now I'm not sure if anybody else would find this useful or not, but if so and you can think of something you want, let me know.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: medGameStat - beta mutator coming
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
I got nothing...

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Would this be for players or just servers. And would it include weapon specific totals and special events like first blood, double, and multi kills, etc... ?

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:18am
Print Post  
StivBators wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:36am:
Would this be for players or just servers. And would it include weapon specific totals and special events like first blood, double, and multi kills, etc... ?

Not sure what you mean by "player or servers". If a server is running it (as mine will be), it will have:
  • The server info
  • The match info
  • The game summary, this is who played, and the frags, deaths, suicides, efficiency, FPH, Killing Sprees, Rampages, Dominatings, Unstoppables, Godlike, and introducing "All-World" (30 in a row, lol).
  • Kills matchup, who killed who.
  • Weapon kill totals.

This is almost done. Then I have to write an executable that downloads them from my gameservers ftp and uploads them to my website. I'm going to get this to run every half hour automatically (just like the current web page stats). At a relaxed pace it's maybe 10 days away from being done.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Will it include a stand alone lifetime scoring mod that displays at the end of each round showing say the top 25 - 50 players? LOL. C'mon....you can't blame me for trying.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Will you host other servers? (friend) Roll Eyes
Or might this be available to other admins?
Sounds very cool!

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Hermskii wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 2:37pm:
Will it include a stand alone lifetime scoring mod that displays at the end of each round showing say the top 25 - 50 players? LOL. C'mon....you can't blame me for trying.

I don't blame you... and no it won't lol.

Hook wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
Will you host other servers? (friend) Roll Eyes
Or might this be available to other admins?
Sounds very cool! 

It's not a hosting thing, it's just a mutator you would run. And I'm going to release it publicly so you could use it if you wanted. That's why I was asking for suggested input.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
You know that html server controller I have been playing around with I wrote?
The problem I have been having is with the connections to GameServers.com - they keep changing the connection paths, it seems, so it disrupts the links to all those server files.
Not sure if it will do this with ftp files, or the ones you are talking about using??? Huh

=Hook=

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Hook wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:49pm:
You know that html server controller I have been playing around with I wrote?
The problem I have been having is with the connections to GameServers.com - they keep changing the connection paths, it seems, so it disrupts the links to all those server files.
Not sure if it will do this with ftp files, or the ones you are talking about using??? Huh

I'm not quite sure entirely your problem, but I'm pretty sure this mute won't be able to handle that problem. All the mute will do is make an html file of the game stats when the game ends. For us on gameservers, that ultimately means that if we want these html files, we have to go download them from the gameservers ftp space and then put them where-ever they need to be hosted.

Once this mute is done I'm going to write an exe to do that. If you're actually interested in that I could share that too. If you have another way to get the html files off of gameservers, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Oh, it is a possible problem for anything accessing the GameServers.com folders.
And, no, I wasn't looking for you mod to fix it - it couldn't.
They change their paths somehow I think.
In my html - I have links to go directly in - they worked for a while - now the path changed.
I'll keep working on it.

I am highly interested in your stats mod though. Cheesy

=Hook=

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
As far as the paths changing, that just happened to me once I think. They used to have the IP twice sort of in the URL, now it's just once.

I'll post version 008 of the mutator later today. I want to put one more change in.

So you have to understand, if you run this mutator, then your normal local logs do NOT get created. I'm talking about the .log files you would find in the UnrealTournament/Logs directory (but hey why would you need them if you already had html files made?)

If that's all you need then you're set.

Now like I said, I did write an exe that pulls the files from gameservers and posts them to my website. And it does it with a timer so it will do it automatically. I don't mind sharing this exe Hook but I think you would need to upgrade your machine first, FYI.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Ahahahaha! He said your computer was .........

Well, it's really not that funny. LOL.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #12 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:58am
Print Post  
hmm Another interesting mod.. perhaps that best approach to this one would be using a MySQL database to store the information from various matches. Why I say this is because over-all collectively trying to combine / extract statistics from static html pages will be a nightmare to say the least.

if you are familiar with utstats then you will notice that there are several functions which allow for looking up players , displaying all games the player(s) were in and various other database dependant type actions search/replace/modify/update etc..

for example if a player was caught cheating.. then the admin may which to remove all details of all games that that player was participating in..

understandably so .. that anything like this requires a webserver either independant of the game server itself and or somehow apart of it but in a separate area on the server.

a Shame really that UT's engine has a very rudimentry web interface and cannot easily be used to cater for things like databases.. however in saying that , I believe the GoPostal and The _Dane have made some sort of database type system for the UT engine and it would be interesting to see if this could be utilised in some way to incorporate realtime stats and lookups without the need of any 3rd party addons (php,apache,mysql) etc.

Cheers.

look very niice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint