Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UT VS COD MW3 (Read 2968 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

UT VS COD MW3
Dec 28th, 2011 at 7:08am
Print Post  
I was pretty excited to play the new COD MW3 with my son today. I grabbed my controller and jumped into a 1v1 match.  Well I was pretty disappointed. I felt like I could barely move and the aiming was pretty useless.  I couldn't believe that a game from 1999 is still better than the newest and most popular game. I kept trying to dodge but the best you can do is run back and forth and jump.  You can only run for 50 foot bursts and you get injured jumping from 10 feet?  Shortly after, I hopped online and played UT.  The speed and the freedom of movement was night and day.  A couple of taps and I'm doing somersaults and dodging sideways 15 feet. Sweet.
My son and I play lots of video games together so I know I will play COD again. Who knows...maybe after 100 hours of moving like a snail with weapons that never seem to have much ammo, I will change my mind. My early prediction, probably not....

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: UT VS COD MW3
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
LOL. I haven't played a new game since 1999. It was called Unreal Tournament. I know I will eventually play something else but why ruin a good thing?

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I tried one of the CODs a year ago at this time. Its UT equivalent name would have been "Sniper Arena with dodging turned off". Zzzzzzzzzz.

Back in the day where I worked we all played UT99 at lunch. We were stoked to play the new UT2004. Disapointeeeed!! It looked better, but gameplay seemed watered down. Half of the lunch crowd went back to 99.

UT3 - looked beautiful. Played it for a whole week just running around looking at the maps. But the gameplay? I mean... skateboarding? Really? eeyikes.

There was a gap where I hardly played UT at all, from about 2005 - 2008. I played some Need For Speed titles. NFS Most Wanted was/is excellent. Then subsequent titles were kinda lame, probably why I booted up UT again back in 2008.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Mount St. Helen Server [move by] Helen.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint