Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What I have learned after killing 50000 frags (Read 4786 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

What I have learned after killing 50000 frags
Dec 27th, 2011 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I have killed over 50,000 players and bots on this server.  I was thinking about that the other day.  So I decided to  compile a short list of what I've learned:

-you don't need to run around like a madman to make a kill (Helen)
-accuracy is more important than movement (Keller)
-some or any movement is more important than standing still. Beginners always stand still.
-higher is better than lower
-it's embarrassing to be killed with an air hammer
-respect goes a long way (don't kill players who are spawning or talking if possible)
-if someone beats you (whether you think you should have won or you think your ping sucked or you don't like them or some other reason) still congratulate them with a gg (good game).  Take the high road.
-players and bots just can't resist armor and weapons (me included!).  Good place to take them out
- some days you are going to suck and some days you are going to think you are the best player in the world (it evens out)
-accept that it's ok to lose and you will be less nervous as the game ends.  I used to get the shakes when I was nearing 30 frags. My aim would go out the window and I would panic.  So now I just keep playing like the games goes to 100.  If I win great, if not there's another game in 30 seconds. Besides, nobody remembers who wins half the time anyway
-when you type during game play your words may not be exactly what you think you wrote

Anyway that's it for now.  If you have any good thoughts please write them down too.

Take care,

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: What I have learned after killing 50000 frags
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Here is my good thought abou that:

I could not have said any of that better. You are exactly the person I want to play against except that part when you are the best player in the world on good days. LOL!

You and I have faced off before back when you first came to this server. I was getting the better of you back then but when I faced you recently you totally owned me badly! Just like you, I say GG to that.

Thanks for your helpful hints too!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
All good stuff 21. I echo most of your points, so I'll try to think of something new rather than repeat what you've said.

• learn to laugh at yourself and your enjoyment of the game will multiply tenfold.
  • do silly things in a map, and you will discover new things about the map.
  • If you have a weak point, make yourself practice it, and only it, for 5 maps in a row, no matter what.
  • Not really relevant to this server since translocator is off, but I used to be a translocating demon, but once I put it away I became a better player without it.
  • Spectate good players to learn new things to try.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys.  I have enjoyed playing against you too.  Hermskii I would doubt that I owned you or anyone else,lol. I only meant that some days it's so easy to kill and you feel like you are the best player.  I would never imply I am the best.  Far from that!  Anyway I appreciate the ongoing tips.  Take care.

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Worry not 21. I was not saying that at all but you did own me last time we met. I had not played in about 3 months. It was a bout 1 week or 2 ago. I am like you but I try harder with less success. LOL. Just ask Helen!

I don't get mad but I do get clumsy after a good start. Especially near the end when I'm about to win!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 7:30am
Print Post  
After playing in other server servers, and getting embarrassed, I think what I should have written was "Nothing".  Lol.   

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Don't be. Half of them are Godlike teenagers and the other half are cheating! LOL. My refelexes are a full 1/4 second too slow which makes me easy prey on the servers against anyone. Oh yeah and just don't play anywhere else. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2012 at 1:35am by Hermskii »  

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Yeah you're probably right.  I keep forgetting I'm an old guy...lol.  Mostly I think ping is the main culprit for frustration when I play other servers.  I have to use so much more ammo on servers or players with 100 plus ping. Thanks for the cheer me up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint