Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Welcome back, Smitty! (Read 3000 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Welcome back, Smitty!
Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
#94 Ryan Smyth is an Edmonton Oiler again. When he was traded away, I pledged I would no longer be a fan until he came back. I'm a fan again!

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: Welcome back, Smitty!
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Helen the Hockey Freak. Who knew? LOL. So what was your view for the Stanley Cup this year? You wanted That Vancouver team right?

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
I suppose I would be classified as a romantic hockey freak, that is, I liked the game very much in the 80's and early 90's. It has since deteriorated drastically and the current model is of no interest to me. They tried to fix the game in 2005/2006, and that very year the Oilers made it to the finals, which was awesome. But then the game has gone to crap again. That said, I still follow the Oilers now and then.

For this year's finals, I only tuned in to the see the last 2 minutes of the last game, just to see the Stanley Cup being presented and the post game reactions. I was slightly favoring Vancouver to win, not due them being in canada though. Rather, I was pro-Sedin brothers (twin bros who play for vancouver), and anti-Chara (boston defenceman who cracked another player's vertebrae in the regular season).

Are there any sports that you go out of your way to watch?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I will watch the Houston Texans football season but I never expect much there. I will watch any Houston team play the big game whether it be baseball or basketball or anything as long as they stand to win the whole thing.

I'm what they call a fair weather fan. I'm a fan when we are having a great season but otherwise won't watch a single game except for our football team. I have too many friends that are big fans and the social opportunity is too great to miss so I watch our Texans team all of the time.

I'll watch the final championship games of soccer too but I don't follow the season at all for any soccer league. Yeah, the only hands down thing I stop for to watch is the super bowl and our football team here in Houston. I used to be a big tennis fan back in the Borg, Conners, McEnroe days. Borg was just plain awesome.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
I love tennis, I didn't start watching in time to catch borg, more like when ivan lendl started, he was my fave. And I still watch the game to this day. I played it a fair bit too and wasn't bad for a rec player, I actually had a spin second server Smiley
Hmmm, haven't played for 3 years now though Sad

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I see you cheating on me on your server with someone else but I did only call weekends. I haven't played tenniss in many many years. I used to be great. I got owned my last game. I never played again.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint