Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) medToggle Version 2 (Read 45099 times)
Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Re: medToggle
Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
OK - I just thought of something... Sad
I have a MinPlayers of 5 on DM games and a MinPlayers of 6 on TEAM games like for DOM, CTF and TDM.

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 3:59am
Print Post  
The solution is to have min 6 players for DM, kaff.

Actually, I just had a crazy idea. I'll try it out by wednesday, I have a few days off starting then.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #22 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 3:27am
Print Post  
UT is so awesome, it still continues to amaze me. You can do this.

Take the medToggle210.u file, make a copy, and name the copy medToggle209.u

You have the same mutator code for 209 and 210, but because they have different names, you can get them to use different settings. Think of the 209 one as the TDM one. So in mapVoteLA.ini, you may have:

Code
Select All
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="DM",Mutators="medToggle210.medToggle",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",NewPrefix="TDM",Mutators="medToggle209.medToggle",Settings="")

Then in the medToggle.ini, you can have two sections, one for each named instance of it, so for example you could have:

Code
Select All
[medToggle209.medToggle]
bLogInfo=false
bLogErrors=false
DMTranslocator=false
TDMTranslocator=false
LMSTranslocator=false
ASTranslocator=false
CTFTranslocator=true
DOMTranslocator=true
cGameSpeed=1
cAirControl=0.35
cBotSkill=2
cMinPlayers=2
cFragLimit=30
TDMMaxTeamScore=100
CTFMaxTeamScore=5
DOMMaxTeamScore=100
cTimeLimit=6
cWeaponStay=true
cForceRespawn=false
cForceTeamBalance=true
cFriendlyFire=0
cGravity=222
cMap[0]=DM-Codex,,,,,,,20,,,,,,

[medToggle210.medToggle]
bLogInfo=false
bLogErrors=false
DMTranslocator=false
TDMTranslocator=false
LMSTranslocator=false
ASTranslocator=false
CTFTranslocator=true
DOMTranslocator=true
cGameSpeed=1
cAirControl=0.35
cBotSkill=2
cMinPlayers=2
cFragLimit=30
TDMMaxTeamScore=100
CTFMaxTeamScore=5
DOMMaxTeamScore=100
cTimeLimit=5
cWeaponStay=true
cForceRespawn=false
cForceTeamBalance=true
cFriendlyFire=0
cGravity=222
cMap[0]=DM-Codex,,,,,,,30,,,,,,

So besides time limit, you can have different defaults for TDM for all the other settings too.  Cool

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #23 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Hey, you are really thinking outside the box here!
I have had things like this in the back of my mind, but I didn't really think it would work - more like wishful thinking and not enough to try it actually.
Great going! Cheesy - Problem Solved!
This really does work?

I wonder what other mods this would be good for? Shocked
Hmmmm...

=Hook=

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #24 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Yep it works, I tested it. I think this idea would work for any mute, at least if it's config variables were local to it's respective classes. I'm not sure about global variables, as I haven't used them yet.

I got a bit more personal satisfaction out of this mute today. I added some new maps to the rotation, and I was able to add both smaller and larger maps that I normally would, because I can just twiddle with the Min Players value per map. Beautiful.  Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #25 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Smiley lets see if I can request a few simple additions to this excellent mod.

Firstly although I have not yet used it I understand what it does and how it does it to some extent.

I think that all the bases have been covered in terms of GameSpeed/AirControl/Gravity and even BotDifficulty Smiley which is what has drawn myself personally to this board Smiley Welldone.

I do however have one small request which Iam sure that others in time will also inquire about , that is the case of mutators... more specifically Servers setup with several Mutators/Gametypes and actors/packages to suit.

Originally CR@TOS from http://www.utassault.net/ conjured up a leading edge MapVote system named MapVoteLA13 many moons ago for multiple GameTypes which is what 80% of online servers are using today , he of course built this system upon an existing mapvote BDB by another chap whom's name I am not familiar with although Iam sure that we are all Greatful for his/her's efforts to provide at least a voting system for the UT engine.

Now Mr CR@TOS also got 1/2 way through building another interesting mod by the name of DynamicPackageLoader or DPL as I often refer to it.

Unfortunately he soon after retired from UT and took up knitting & to date no-one knows which bar he now frequents - even Moe has no clues as to his where-abouts *Burp.This was unfortunate because the DPL ^ is lacking in a few features which has become the stumbling block for many a admin ever to even attempt to use this almost awesome mod. :\

ok. BackOnTrack . Basically the above 2 Mod's can do the following things which are advantageous to server Admins/Players.

MapVoteLA13 allows the ServerAdmin to setup 4 seperate list (columns) with I think 16 different GameTypes in all Totaling 1024 maps. Each separate GameType has a PreFix ie; "DM","CTF","AS" etc and each CustomPreFix (GameType) can have specific Mutators/Settings applied to them.

hope I havent lost ya yet lol.  Cheesy

now the draw backs with the MapVoteLa13 as well as DPL system's that I personally find frustrating is that it uses the basic Maptypes for all 16 Gametypes; these being DM-,CTF-,TDM,DOM,AS which means that I can-not rename maps to say SLV-MapName (flying Rockets) or SN-MapName (sniper) etc and set a Custom Prefix 'SLV' or 'SN' within MapVoteLa13 or DPL :\ to reflect that I would like to load ONLY these Maps into This Column.

So the effect of which is I either enter manually into the Mapvotela.ini each individual map for each of the 16 Gametypes and run out of space or use a std PreFix for each corresponding Gametype and end up doubling the maps into each respective column.

for example if I have 3 GameTypes 'DM','CTF' & 'SLV' , I configure MapVoteLA13 & set prefixes for 'DM','CTF' and 'SLV' which use the Actual Prefixes 'DM' , 'CTF', 'CTF' lol.
so I have 100 DM Maps & 100 CTF Maps, But my Mapvote after configuration = 100 DM Maps + 100 CTF Maps + 100 SLV Maps (which are the 100 CTF ones)= 300 Maps. now you'd think I could just setup mapvote SLV column only to load 'SLV' Maps , Which I can. But now the CTF Column is loaded with all the SLV maps as well so there's no winning either way in this respect and unfortunately you will run out of room (hit the 1024 map limit) in no time.

yes I know its not really the place to post this information but Iam giving you a run down on the pro's/Cons of these system's before finally getting to my point at some stage.

so to sum it up MapVoteLA13 allows players to vote for 1 of 16 GameTypes through a menu Which will upon loading of the Map add specffic Mutators to that Prefix / Gametype.

not only that you can also add any of the settings for gameSpeed, botDifficulty, time , MinPlayers etc all for each individual GameType.

However it was soon discovered that certain GameTypes didn't function with Certain ServerActors! this is True with 'RA' (Rocket Arena) and Pure7G (Protection) where by the PlayerPawn.Spawn actor conflicts and although the 'RA' Menu will fucntion you will never actually get to spawn into the map or play a round unless you disable Pure7G. down side of course is that you could not disable Pure7g for just that Gametype... Henceforth Mr CR@TOS conceived the DynamicPackageLoader Which Works Hand n Hand with MapVoteLA13 and apart from a small problem in relations to Virtual Prefixes it manages to enable/disable Actors/Packages for each GameType which was also Advantageous in the sense that a Player would not have to download Every Serverpackage for every GameType  to play a round of DM-Deck16][ lol.

*And this almost worked a treat....  except for the fact that 'RA' is not a standard PREFIX.  DPL could not recognise the 'RA-MapName' or 'SLV-MapName' as it was actually looking for 'DM-Mapname' & 'CTF-MapName' instead and so the whole thing flopped end of Story.

Right that is not to say that someone could not .ucc decompile these mods and make a few adjustments to fix these minor issues however and one such fellow attempted but failed to end his code appropriately and I was privy to 10,000 Access-None errors in my log's :\

As well as it not actually performing the simple task of disabling Pure server Actor and Loading the 'RA' game up.

I am Very Greatful however that he tried though. cudos Bilbo for that Happy

ok so after this small essay I have a couple of requests that you may be able to fullfill hopefully.

first one in respect medToggle , is there a way of assigning GameTypes/Mutators to certain Maps so if i wanted SmartCTF for CTF maps but not for DM Maps.

an example from MapvoteLA13:

Code
Select All
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="EUTSource.EUTDeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="DM",Mutators="AntiTweakV42.AntiTweak,UDamageFix.UDamageFixMut,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,HumiliationV2.HumiliationMutator,PubliciseScore.PubliciseScore,Resurrector.MutResurrection,AKAv6KLog.AKAv6KLog",Settings="MinPlayers=2,bMegaSpeed=False,GameSpeed=1.05,AirControl=.35") 

and for CTF I use:

Code
Select All
CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="EUTSource.SmartCTFGame",NewPrefix="CTF",Mutators="AntiTweakV42.AntiTweak,UDamageFix.UDamageFixMut,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,ZeroPingPlus103.ZeroPing,HumiliationV2.HumiliationMutator,PubliciseScore.PubliciseScore,Resurrector.MutResurrection,AKAv6KLog.AKAv6KLog",Settings="MinPlayers=2,bMegaSpeed=True,GameSpeed=1.05,AirControl=.65") 

Happy Basically gives you an Idea.

Secondly regarding your nifty little MedMutatoreditInstall110 Application Cheesy could you perhaps incorporate MapVoteLA13.ini editing through there as well?

and Finally if you even understood a word I was saying in the essay above.If you have the Time / energy and/or inclination would you be able to fix the invalid PREFIX issue's in MapVoteLa13/DPL ??? ...

thanks for helping to keep ut99 alive and I hope at the least that I have given you some new idea's for any future projects that you are working on . If you need a beta Tester for anything just flick me an email and I'll be happy to help Smiley

Best Regards

[BFM]
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Wow lol I was just looking at your solution above with havinf 2 MedToggle's lol wicked.

I actually thought about doing the same thing with mapvoteLa13 a while ago to get around the 1024 maps thing . Imagine have 4 MapvoteLA's all Hubbed together by say MapHubLA13 lol *how's that for Originality lolz

then have it load up one mapvote just for DM with 1024 custom DM maps.

set 3 aside for CTF SLV what ever lol. each capable of holding 1024 Maps.

I would assume that the hub would need to be a ServerActor which could be called up by a cmd like !Change or something lol.

Interesting stuff..

I will be Back4More tomorrow.

Keep up the good Work Smiley

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Hello there. Thank you for the essay. More info always better than not enough Smiley

Back4More wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:58am:
first one in respect medToggle, is there a way of assigning GameTypes/Mutators to certain Maps so if i wanted SmartCTF for CTF maps but not for DM Maps.

I don't think I quite understand the requirement here. It seems to me your example is doing exactly what you are asking for. So I'm missing something. Or did the post above about making copies of medToggle do the trick?

Secondly regarding your nifty little MedMutatoreditInstall110 Application Cheesy could you perhaps incorporate MapVoteLA13.ini editing through there as well?

This item is actually not far down my list of things I would like to do, but it could be far into the future that it gets done. I need to pace myself so that I still enjoy coding these mods (I have been spending a bit too much time on it lately). And you are 2nd in the queue for a request Shocked

and Finally if you even understood a word I was saying in the essay above.If you have the Time / energy and/or inclination would you be able to fix the invalid PREFIX issue's in MapVoteLa13/DPL ??? ...

I wouldn't fix it if the author does not give permission. I happen to know someone who has already asked, but has not received a reply, so the same would probably happen to me.

But anyways, I'm an amateur unrealscript coder, I don't even know if I could make a dent in this megalith of a mute.

It is curious why you have to use one of the 16 (are there really that many?) game types, that is, if he didn't make it dynamic, there must be a reason for it.

or example if I have 3 GameTypes 'DM','CTF' & 'SLV' , I configure MapVoteLA13 & set prefixes for 'DM','CTF' and 'SLV' which use the Actual Prefixes 'DM' , 'CTF', 'CTF' lol.

In this example, couldn't you use the SLV to use the 'TDM' prefix?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #28 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I was looking at moving away from mapvotela and over to something which autochanges maps but also adjusts gametypes/mutators for each map. then I was going to mix em all up like start with deck16 normal weps, to face classic normal weps to wootabulous IG Turbo, to amon combo instagib etc

kinda lead the players on a trip through different modes of play but theres no one mutator up for the challenge which i thought yours might be. but i don't see anywhere to assign gametype/mutators to speciffic maps.

oddly enough , tonight an experienced player told me that my turbo ctf server was funny because the teleporter went slower then the player which was kinda funny lol.

do you know of a mod that can increase the speed/distance of the teleporter?.

thanks for other explanations.

note to self funny faces like ^ _ ^ end up being translated into funny words like 'Happy' in this board lol.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #29 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Back4More wrote on Aug 25th, 2010 at 8:56am:
I was looking at moving away from mapvotela and over to something which autochanges maps but also adjusts gametypes/mutators for each map. then I was going to mix em all up like start with deck16 normal weps, to face classic normal weps to wootabulous IG Turbo, to amon combo instagib etc

kinda lead the players on a trip through different modes of play but theres no one mutator up for the challenge which i thought yours might be. but i don't see anywhere to assign gametype/mutators to speciffic maps.

That's a nice idea for the players. As for doable: I know I could do the mutator per map easily. As for changing between gametypes, I don't know how to do that, but mapvote can do it, so it must be possible. I can add this to the list.

do you know of a mod that can increase the speed/distance of the teleporter?.

Something new again for me but I'll put it on the list.

note to self funny faces like ^ _ ^ end up being translated into funny words like 'Happy' in this board lol.

We just figured you were a happy guy haha.

Fair warning, I currently have a mutator in development, and I'm pacing myself, and I actually want to PLAY ut more, so could be a while before you get any results. Maybe you'll get it under the christmas tree, DOH! Nah sooner hopefully.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #30 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
lol hey doll , thanks for the heads up , perhaps decompiling mapvote would yield how / what is needed for such a task ..perhaps.

as for the translocator I have found one thanks very much appreciated also.

question about uscripting though , how long have you been coding for and where could I get some tutorials (descent ones) on this subject? perhaps you have a couple of links to some relevant sources?.

thanks again and enjoy your game Smiley

Cool
@hook Windows Me - is the Mother of F%^&Up's bro honestly it's only next contender is Vista Tongue lmao.

I would highly recommend upgrading to XP at the very least for a more Stable - less blue Screeny approach or to Windows Seven... Don't even think about win2k lol
Sad

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #31 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 4:24am
Print Post  
Note, Helen is only my game nick...

I have been coding since January of 2010. I honestly don't remember where I started, just internet searches basically. This looks pretty good for starting:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=708162

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #32 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Happy ah I see .. yes I suppose I take Names/Avatars and other traits to be of femininity lol more often then not and must admit that Iam almost always Wrong hehe.

However I always suspect that many are cross-dresser's and/or regret their gender @ birth lmao.

Wink

ok I will BM that one and revisit it when i have time.
Cheers.

IP Logged

Back4More
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #33 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:54am
Print Post  
BTW is that skin in your avatar available for download... ? thinking of trying on some new clothes jokes. I would like to install some nice skins on my server thats all and I think that one looks pretty damn hot Wink

I have one called Tarna I think and its really well done.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #34 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 5:31am
Print Post  
I haven't seen that skin as an in-game skin. In fact I have always thought it was just a representation of the standard soldier girl skin. If there is cool version of that skin, I want it too  Smiley

I'd like to see that Tarna skin.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #35 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Yes, it is just a representation of the standard soldier girl skin is all.

Back4More - As far as ME goes?
I am fully aware of what ME is.
Nothing wrong with it if it is installed correctly and it is far better than Vista - LOL! Grin
Many use it still with very stable results. Wink
And it doesn't need any virus protection - because nobody writes viruses for it. Cheesy
Besides, why would I spend any money or resources to "upgrade" on a 11 year old box??? Roll Eyes
When it dies - it dies - and ME dies with it.

=Hook=

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #36 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Hey Back4More, I sent you a PM but maybe you don't have notification turned on. I'm trying here in case you are subscribed to this thread. I was just wondering if you would be able to beta test next version of medToggle.

- I have it working pretty good to do that 'journey' thing.
- It can now load actors/mutators, and prevent actors from loading.
- It can be told that you are using mapvote, so it knows to behave a little differently.

No worries if not though.  Cry

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

MEAT
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #37 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Thumbs up on medToggle210.
I just added it and it works great.
Easy to use to.
Thanks...
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2010 at 11:42pm by MEAT »  

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #38 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 2:37am
Print Post  
That's kewl.
I actually have the next major version almost ready for release, I'll post it within a week or two.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #39 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Hello subscribers. Just a note that medToggle301 is available, see the next thread  Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint