Using Other Players UT ini's

Started by 21, Aug 17, 2015, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

In my quest to improve the way my game plays onscreen I tried a dozen other UT ini's I found online.  One thing I noticed was most players had the screen really bright with almost no color. To see other players I guess. Anyway I also noticed that when I went to add back my favorite DM servers, many were not there!  ie Mt.St Helens (Vancouver) and Full Metal Jacket. In fact the standard lists were only about half the size. I'm guessing their lists were old, but why are new servers coming up? Ie. Mt.St. Helen's (UK)was there.  So I ended up putting my original ini back and all the servers were listed.  Any ideas?  Thanks

medor

#1
Make sure you have allow UT for all ports in firewall
What is your master server list in UnrealTournament.ini ?

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut


Go to

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories=False


[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
bKeepMasterServer=True



How many servers in this time
http://master.noccer.de/
http://master.333networks.com/

Helen

The above is good, or you could go into your original unrealtournament.ini and find the [UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
section which is your favorites list, and copy that list into your new ini.
One of the Scriveners.

21

Good stuff guys!  It works!!!!!!  I tried both ideas and sure enough my servers were back.  Now to find the perfect ini......

medor

I can help you with your ini.

What type game are you playing ?
What computer , mouse and desktop  have you ?




21

Hi Medor

Current setup

UT DM    Mainly
Windows 7
I5 680 CPU
GTX960 GPU
24" ASUS 60HZ monitor with 1ms response
Razor Deathadder Mouse
High speed internet
Netspeed   I have tried everything from 1000-20000
Renderers   D3D8,D3D9,D3D10,Open GL 3.5,3.6,3.7
I have tried vsync off and on.  Had framerates between 50-200 to see what looks best.  60-75 looks the best right now.
I have no packetloss, but my ping will jump from 35-250 during a game. 
I tried different ini's actually because I read a post of yours somewhere with the free UT players link. 
I tried Gamebooster, turning off firewall and antivirus, playing off a different drive, different video cards, cpu's (intel and amd),different ISP's.
Turned off cores to play with one core.  Added -cpu speed to exe line. 

There is no lag in practice mode, so I still think it's internet or game server related.

I know there's more.  I just can't remember right now. 

Quite honestly, my main issue is lag.  Low ping lag.  For 7 glorious years I have had low ping lag.  (15-50 ping).  Sometimes when I play other players they are on one side of the screen and their weapons fire from the opposite side. Sometimes a player will be 30 feet away then right in front of me without dodging.  When I don't know where to aim,  I usually start from the left and work across.  Playing 1v1 is absolutely impossible. So I play DM and spam everywhere.  The only exception are bots. They are usually where they appear.  My issues have been documented in this and other server forums for years.

Okay,

Thanks!



medor

As I can read your not a beginner for tweak UT.
The point is
Quotebut my ping will jump from 35-250 during a game

You can make a WinMTR statistics for detect if it's UT-online or all-time online.
http://winmtr.net/
And ask the supplier Internet for make it better.

Check if there are time slots if the functioning is good.
May in the night it's better when other users sleep.

21

Thanks Medor!  Sorry I was away for a week, so I am slow getting back to you.  I appreciate the help and I will look more into your software.  Have a good night.


21

#9
Okay finally used Medor's software.  Here are my findings to Helen's Mountain server and Full Metal Jacket.  Looks like I have packet loss at the same location for both servers.  I wonder if my ISP will be able to reroute me?


21

Here are my own ping and tracert tests from CMD.exe.  The top is Helen's and the bottom Full Metal Jacket.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Family>ping 199.167.19.38

Pinging 199.167.19.38 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 199.167.19.38: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=53
Reply from 199.167.19.38: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=53
Reply from 199.167.19.38: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=53
Reply from 199.167.19.38: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 199.167.19.38:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 75ms, Maximum = 76ms, Average = 75ms

C:\Users\Family>tracert 199.167.19.38

Tracing route to 199.167.19.38 over a maximum of 30 hops

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mynetwork [192.168.2.1]
  2    27 ms    15 ms    17 ms  10.11.2.57
  3    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  10.178.206.4
  4    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.178.206.5
  5    16 ms    19 ms    15 ms  tcore4-toronto47_te0-10-00.net.bell.ca [64.230.107.102]
  6    16 ms    19 ms    16 ms  tcore4-torontoxn_HundredGigE0-9-0-0.net.bell.ca
[64.230.50.17]
  7    15 ms    15 ms    16 ms  bx1-torontoxn_et4-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.97.159]
  8    15 ms    16 ms    15 ms  ix-5-0-1-0.tcore2.TNK-Toronto.as6453.net [63.243.172.25]
  9    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  if-2-2.tcore1.TNK-Toronto.as6453.net [64.86.33.89]
10    28 ms    27 ms    26 ms  if-7-2.tcore1.W6C-Montreal.as6453.net [66.198.96.61]
11    27 ms    26 ms    26 ms  66.110.8.34
12    34 ms    33 ms    34 ms  10ge.xe-1-0-0.tor-fr709-cor-1.peer1.net [216.187.114.197]
13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
14    37 ms    25 ms    24 ms  64.34.75.167
15    76 ms    76 ms    76 ms  199.167.20.41
16    77 ms    77 ms    77 ms  199.167.17.229
17    76 ms    76 ms    77 ms  199.167.19.38

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Family>ping 173.236.125.50

Pinging 173.236.125.50 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.236.125.50: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=117
Reply from 173.236.125.50: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=117
Reply from 173.236.125.50: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=117
Reply from 173.236.125.50: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 173.236.125.50:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 30ms

C:\Users\Family>tracert 173.236.125.50

Tracing route to SHCHI03.trinitygames.com [173.236.125.50]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mynetwork [192.168.2.1]
  2    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  10.11.2.57
  3    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.178.206.4
  4    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  10.178.206.5
  5    16 ms    19 ms    15 ms  tcore3-toronto47_te0-10-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.107.104]
  6    15 ms    19 ms    20 ms  tcore3-torontoxn_HundredGigE0-9-0-0.net.bell.ca
[64.230.50.9]
  7    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  bx1-torontoxn_et1-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.97.157]
  8    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  level3_bx1-torontoxn.net.bell.ca [67.69.246.158]

  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
10    30 ms    30 ms    30 ms  4.15.84.6
11    53 ms    73 ms    67 ms  agg1.c13.r13.s101.chi03.singlehop.net [67.212.190.234]
12    29 ms    29 ms    28 ms  aswg1.c01.r14.s101.chi03.singlehop.net [96.127.187.247]
13    30 ms    30 ms    30 ms  SHCHI03.trinitygames.com [173.236.125.50]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Family>

21

I'm back to my UT Ini now. I like it as stock as possible.  I was just curious what other players saw on their screen.  No place like home...... 

Helen

to mountain:
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    11 ms    11 ms    16 ms  rc3ar-tge0-14-0-16-1.ed.shawcable.net [64.59.184.249]
  4    16 ms    11 ms    14 ms  rc1we-be1.ed.shawcable.net [66.163.70.49]
  5    15 ms    15 ms    16 ms  rc3no-be6.cg.shawcable.net [66.163.64.69]
  6    27 ms    25 ms    26 ms  rc1st-be11-1.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.72.70]
  7    27 ms    25 ms    26 ms  rd3st-tge0-9-0-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.68.222]
  8    28 ms    26 ms    26 ms  208.98.202.2
  9    30 ms    29 ms    45 ms  ae0.van-dv1-cor-1.ahsv.net [199.167.20.18]
10    29 ms    28 ms    29 ms  199.167.17.230
11    28 ms    27 ms    27 ms  199.167.19.38

to island:
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    13 ms    14 ms    12 ms  rc1we-tge0-14-0-16-1.ed.shawcable.net [64.59.184.253]
  4    14 ms    13 ms    14 ms  rc3no-be6.cg.shawcable.net [66.163.64.69]
  5    28 ms    26 ms    25 ms  rc1st-be11-1.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.72.70]
  6    33 ms    34 ms    32 ms  rc2wt-be50-1.wa.shawcable.net [66.163.70.106]
  7    67 ms    69 ms    66 ms  xe-0-5-0-16.r04.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.197.13]
  8    69 ms    65 ms    69 ms  ae-9.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.9]
  9    84 ms    83 ms    85 ms  ae-0.r24.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.14]
10   152 ms   149 ms   149 ms  ae-9.r22.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.19]
11   146 ms   143 ms   147 ms  ae-1.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.25]
12   162 ms   159 ms   158 ms  xe-0-0-0.rt0.the.ukservers.com [81.25.207.30]
13   143 ms   142 ms   143 ms  xe-0-0-3.rt0.tcx.ukservers.com [78.110.166.93]
14   155 ms   155 ms   156 ms  xe-0-0-0.mx0.cov.ukservers.com [185.17.24.66]
15   161 ms   160 ms   162 ms  uk3.clanwarz.com [31.132.7.153]

to fmj:
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    13 ms    12 ms    11 ms  rc1we-tge0-14-0-16-1.ed.shawcable.net [64.59.184.253]
  4    12 ms    11 ms    15 ms  rc3ar-be1.ed.shawcable.net [66.163.70.50]
  5    27 ms    25 ms    26 ms  rc3sc-be51.wp.shawcable.net [66.163.70.33]
  6    41 ms    41 ms    41 ms  rc4ec-be25-1.il.shawcable.net [66.163.75.134]
  7    40 ms    41 ms    41 ms  equinix.e6.router1.chicago.nfoservers.com [206.223.119.183]
  8    40 ms    41 ms    42 ms  c-162-248-92-101.premium-chicago.nfoservers.com [162.248.92.101]

That is the fastest and shortest I've ever seen for fmj, maybe the chicago routing is fixed.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

I noticed my ping has been higher lately too (chicago routing?) :-?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]