Bot strength and 1V1

Started by 21, Oct 20, 2014, 10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

1.  I have been unable to make bots stronger than Average. Usually I do the admin login thing and set the difficulty. Didn't work.  So I went to the server provider UT ini and changed it there.  Didn't work.  Added the difficulty level to my Mapvotela13 Game Config for DM and it didn't work.  Any ideas?

2.  Set up a 1v1 Mapvote Game Config.  I am trying to make it work with a practice bot until another player comes along.  But it always adds 4-6 players because the game heading is DeathMatchPlus or TeamGamePlus. My guess is the server can  be Tournament(only Humans) or Bots, not both.  I have attached my line to see what I am doing incorrectly. bEnabled is currently False until I figure it out.   Thanks

CustomGameConfig[12]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="Botpack.DeathmatchPlus",NewPrefix="1v1",Mutators="autopause.apactor,Botpack.NoRedeemer,Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo Difficulty 5,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,NoInvisibility.NoInvisibility",Settings="Timelimit=15,Maxplayers=2,MaxSpectators=6,bMultiWeaponStay=False,bTournament=false,bUseTranslocator=False,AirControl=0.350000,GameSpeed=1.000000")

Helen

1. I won't assume anything. Are you in the User.ini, and in the [Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo] section, and setting the Difficulty?
One of the Scriveners.

medor

QuoteNewPrefix="1v1"
false

NewPrefix="1v1DM"

List1Filter[0]=1v1DM*

21

Hi H,
Yes, I go the botpack.challengebotinfo difficulty section.  But not the User.ini.  I have been in the UT.ini section in the server system area, as well as in game and mapvote.  I'll try the user.ini heading.  Thanks