Bot Settings

Started by 21, Oct 07, 2017, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

Hi there,
Just want to know if its possible to change the total number of factory set bots from 32 to 16.  I just want custom bots. When I had 32 custom skins, sometimes they all work and sometimes they don't.  I deleted the bot info in all areas from 16-31 and left 0-15.  I saved it on my server User ini and my own User.ini.  But I keep getting non-custom bots mixed with custom bots.  Thanks!

Helen

If you go look at your server's user.ini again, did it refill in the 16-31 slots?

If yes and they have values, just remove the values, not the keys...

BotFaces[16]=
BotFaces[17]=
BotFaces[18]=
etc

Otherwise if you see the keys with no values, then I don't know why it does that :(
One of the Scriveners.

21

So I removed all the values from 16-31 on my pc User.ini and my servers User ini.  No luck, just keeps re-adding itself.  So I just added 32 custom skins. Lol. Hopefully everyone can see them. I can see them on my other PC which only downloaded Server Packages.

Thanks!

vankuss

If you name a bot nothing, it gets assigned a random name from the default list
same if you remove it (that's what I experienced when years ago I tried ot make a custom list)

there's no way to set up leagues unless you want to do the tedious work of modifying the .ini everytime you wanna play
so what i did? i just set up a custom list of 32bots with different skins and models, gave them names like "n00b 0wn3r" and modified some skins so they all have 4team colors

not even xBots could help, sometimes bots entered the game named "Bot 1" "Bot 15" lol
filling all the slots is the only rational solution, especially for server i bet

21

Hi Vankuss.  Thanks for the help.  I must have re-added bots 20x...lol.  I think I have it now but I won't know until I hear back from other players. I compressed all the files, so I hope they download quickly...fingers crossed.

vankuss

Im going in your server right now, first i need to delete all my skins though because im sure i'll get some mismatch because mine are modified
actually i'd do quicker if i reinstall ut, i'll let you know soon

vankuss

Earlier, it didn't even work
It just kept saying "Connecting"

Now im trying again and it's downloading stuff
oh ok, mismatch :D

ok fine, im in now.
it downloaded fast for me, but i think i had already some files. no but it's all ok i think.
i'll try again with a fresh install though if you really want ^^

Helen

I looked at the code, and there is nothing you can do if you have bRandomOrder=True, because it is hardcoded to check 32 slots. It could be fixed with a mutator though.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

21! The bot's are very cool, but I have one huge problem, especially in 1v1 the bots themselves are invisible!  :( Cant see them to kill them. And in the 10 bot all weapons gametype most of their skins are almost translucent. The drunken Homer Simpson bot is classy tho  8-)
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.