UT Server Monitor

Started by Helen, Oct 18, 2009, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Monitor your favorite UT99 and UT2004 players and servers.

Also can query the UT99 master server list

Many more features.

Here is download:
//www.birdieman.com/ututility.shtml

Here is image preview:
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

The image preview did not work but the first link shows them all I think anyways. How long have you been working on this baby!It is so awesome I'm afraid to download it and try it. I'm going to anyways though! Where do you find the time for all of this???
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Kaff, well unfortunately the master server query doesn't work anymore. But the main part, the favorites, still does. I don't have a portion of the source code anymore to fix it due a hard drive failure a couple years ago. So there won't be any more updates. Unless I win a million dollars of course.

Open Tools / Sounds, and preview the ready.wav, that's my fav sound.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

I have installed this and have not messed with it yet. It sees my UT2004 server but not the others yet I see that all sorts of game types are available. Should I be able to add in all of my UT(99) servers as well?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

Scratch that! I have played with it and understand it. I don't know what you say isn't working because this thing is awesome! Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 2C2E2F23212334460Should I be able to add in all of my UT(99) servers as well?

Yes, you could add them all manually if you want. This is simply from the menu Server | Add Favorite.

However there is an automatic way. If you DO have UT 99 installed on your PC, but you DON"T see your favorites in the list, that means it wasn't able to find the path of your install. So go to the System menu, and fill in the paths for UT in the Game Exe, Game INI, and User INI sections. The three paths to enter would look like this for example:

For Game Exe:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe

For Game INI:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.ini

For User INI:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\User.ini

Once you have entered the paths, close UT Server Monitor and reopen it and then your favorites should appear. Let me know if I wasn't clear enough on anything.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 292B2A26242631430Scratch that! I have played with it and understand it. I don't know what you say isn't working because this thing is awesome! Thanks!

Whoops I replied without seeing this. Well, glad it works for you!
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

I did it manual and did not want the path installed so there would be no way for me to accidently launch into one of them if I double clicked it. Correct me if I'm wrong but also, that path can only point to one version of UT so It would only show the favs in UT for instance and I would still have to many add in my server for UT2K4 right?

No big deal at all. I have it. I use it. I love it! Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 7F7D7C70727067150Correct me if I'm wrong but also, that path can only point to one version of UT so It would only show the favs in UT for instance and I would still have to many add in my server for UT2K4 right?

You is wrong ;)
You can enter multiple paths, and they would all show up in the favorites.

What you could do is enter all the paths for the GAME INIs, which would load your faves, but you could leave the GAME/EXEs blank, to prevent accidental launch of game.

You enter multiple paths by switching the "Game" value. For instance, open System | Game INIs. From the "Game" field choose UT. Then enter the proper path. Then in the "Game" field, choose UT2004. Enter the proper path. Click OK. It has saved both paths. If you open the GAME INIs again and flip between "Game"s, you can see it saved the paths you entered.


One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

See! It is just plain awesome like I said!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

Someone else came and got this monitor today at my suggestion and likes it very much. Thanks for making it! Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Hey, didn't I warn you about Helen?
He does GOOD Stuff! ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

keller

Quote from: 6B6C6C686766657A3B030Hey, didn't I warn you about Helen?
He does GOOD Stuff! ;)
Hook, do you have this yet?

Hermskii

He better or else right! LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Gad-Zooks!
I still have to DL it at home and install it.
Should work on my old ME system on an 11 yr old comp, right Helen?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

It's an old school app so it will work fine on your old school system  :)
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Did you win a million dollars yet? Is there a newer/better version of this with code to hit up the master server again?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

The way I feel these days, it would take a million dollars for me to get this heh. You know I think it actually still works on a Windows 7 OS, I'll try to remember to try at work tomorrow.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

That is what I'm using it on right now! Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 6F6D6C60626077050That is what I'm using it on right now! Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Tada, it works for me at work. Here I have Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 bit.

Quote from: 6E6069696077050I'm using too and it pulls up around 65-85% of the Master list.

Go into Tools | Options, and increase the number in the "Master Server Query Delay Strength" box. Increase it a bit at a time until you get 95% of servers responding.
One of the Scriveners.