UT crashing

Started by Tempest, Mar 07, 2013, 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Hey guys, hoping you can help out. Recently, I've been getting these crashes on UT after a map switch...not sure whats going on. I'd rather not have to reinstall but if I have to, then I will :(

Anyone have any suggestions? Here's the error message I get:

Helen

#1
Any chance you remember the first date/time it happened?

Also, next time it happens, before you restart UT, open your UnrealTournament/System/UnrealTournament.log file, grab all the lines from the start of the map to the end of the file, and paste it here.
One of the Scriveners.

Tempest

Hmm...not sure when these crashes started happening...a couple weeks I'm sure. Maybe when I started playing on a KAI LMS server? In fact, just to replicate the error, I played there again and got a different error:



Here's the bottom part of the log file that deals with it:

ScriptLog: Team 255
ScriptLog: Login: Tempest
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 Entry.TMale7
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: bbTMale2 DM-Agony.bbTMale1
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::PreBeginPlay()
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::PostNetBeginPlay()
Log: Attempting to record demo e:\utdemos\3-7_18-09-11_DM-Agony.dem
DevMusic: Load music: Music Course.Course
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(1)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(2)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(3)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(4)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(5)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(6)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(7)
ScriptLog: SplashNotify::SpawnNotification(8)
Log:  5596  18   0%     0   932     0     3     0     6     0     0
Log:  6391  18   0%  5176  4407    31    23    11    14     0     0
Log:  6391  18   0%     0  3762     0    61     0    59     0     0
Log: FactoryCreateText: TextBuffer with TextBufferFactory (0 1 NPLoaderLL_v16b.u)
Log: Execing NPLoaderLL_v16b.u
Log: FactoryCreateText: TextBuffer with TextBufferFactory (0 1 NPLoaderLL_v16b.dll)
Log: Execing NPLoaderLL_v16b.dll
ScriptLog: [NPLoaderv16b] [File] NPLoaderLL_v16b.dll [Installed] Yes [Loaded] Yes
Log: FileSize of file ACEv08g_C.dll: 1110016 bytes
ScriptLog: [NPLoaderv16b] [File] ACEv08g_C.dll [Installed] Yes [Loaded] Yes
ScriptLog: [NPLoaderv16b] Loading complete
Log:  1503  18   0%   628  6133     7    91     2    87     0     0
Log:  1503  18   0%     0  6400     0    90     0    87     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%   817  6256     6    94     2    93     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  5934     0    95     0    93     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6135     0    94     0    92     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6196     0    94     0    93     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6125     0    95     0    93     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6140     0    94     0    92     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6204     0    94     0    93     0     0
Log:  1712  18   0%     0  6182     0    95     0    93     0     0
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Channel [File:C:\UTDev\Engine\Src\UnLevTic.cpp] [Line: 780]
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: ULevel::TickDemo
Critical: UpdatePostDemoRec
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=3)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/07/13 18:11:55



Tempest

(oh, the first error was at your server, Helen)

Tempest

Hmm...I forgot I had utdemos automatically recording demos -- I had 5+gig of demos  :o

turned that off and it seems to be okay now, whew

StivBators

#5
I started crashing between maps tonite also. Right after Street and TheyCrave.
You think it's demo manager? Never happened before. I have less than a gig in my current demo folder. Previous to that it was over 3gig and never happened. Hmmm

Helen

The simplest test would be to turn it off demo manager for a bit and see if issue goes away.

And if demo manager is having issues, maybe that's your packetloss issue too, by some weird connection. Nah, forget I said that.
One of the Scriveners.

Tempest

I think it does...look at the error, it refers to "demorec"

Tempest

Quote from: 2E2B2226214F0The simplest test would be to turn it off demo manager for a bit and see if issue goes away.

And if demo manager is having issues, maybe that's your packetloss issue too, by some weird connection. Nah, forget I said that.

packet loss still seems to be there...took a screenie before the game started :(

Changing netspeed doesn't have any effect


Helen

That is some serious packet loss :(

Did turning it off work? Ya I figured since you get on my server and elsewhere, then the demomanager is the thing in common.

I also googled "ut UnLevTic.cpp", a couple of the posts are related to demorec, others are not, and none of them have any resolutions. That's all I got so far.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

#10
Quote from: 5670756077476060050I started crashing between maps tonite also. Right after Street and TheyCrave.
You think it's demo manager? Never happened before. I have less than a gig in my current demo folder. Previous to that it was over 3gig and never happened. Hmmm

Whoops, I didn't even notice this was your post stiv, I thought it was tempest's 

This is my debugging voice talking out loud (Stiv I wish I had a log of when you crashed).

  • Tempest says started crashing about two weeks ago. I did an update to the scoreboard 4 days ago. So I don't think it's the scoreboard update. Plus Tempest crashes at other servers. Plus I know my change was nothing that would cause crashes.
  • More interesting in Tempest's log is the ACE loader... I see it is up to v16 now. I'm not saying it is ACE directly...  Maybe indirectly.
  • So both of you use demo manager to auto record games. Makes me wonder how it works. Probably there was not a new version of demo manager that you both started using. But, demomanager must rely on other .u files (other packages) in order to properly record the game. Perhaps it is one of these other packages that is giving you grief.
  • Strange though that if for example is was BunnyBlammo.u that was causing the problem, why would you crash on my server when I don't use that package? But then I don't know how demo manager works. Maybe it has to load them all that are in your cache because it doesn't have the ability to pick out the ones needed per game. Dunno.
  • You cleared the demo manager's cache. Ok. Maybe look for a single text file that doesn't get reduced as a result of that cache clear. Look for a text file that is megs and megs, and you could clear it's contents.
That's all I got.
One of the Scriveners.