NEW IP FOR THE SERVER: 208.167.235.62

Started by Helen, Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Server IP is now [edit]208.167.235.62

All scores were retained, except for 21's, he has to start over.  ;)
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

May I ask why?

I have updated your info on my forum:

***************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************

Mount St. Helen Server is owned by "Helen"

Here is a the Name, IP Address and Auto-Launch link to this server:

1. Mount St. Helen is at IP 209.247.83.126:7777 or just click this link:
UNREAL://209.247.83.126:7777

Image


Here is a link to the forum related to this server:
http://www.birdieman.com/forum

This information was last updated on 07-27-14

***************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

I also just noticed it didn't copy of the GAMETRACKER image. Why not?

For those interested, here is the link to the full page with this info and the GAMETRACKER image:

http://hermskii.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3115

I also just noticed that GAMETRACKER's entire website's grouping and lists seems to be in all uppercase.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

Why did the IP change? It is not static? If not, how do you keep the same one so long? if is is static... WTH?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 5351505C5E5C4B390May I ask why?
Sorry, somehow I didn't see your posts the first time.
Hey thanks for updating the information at your website.
I moved it to seattle, which was its very first location. It's true I was hoping for a better ping, but once I thought about moving it, I just liked the idea of a change.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Tried the new location last night, not bad  :) also LOL ive had DHCP leases last for about a year and a half, they usually stay unless your network goes down, we finally had to reset our cable modem & firewall, after that weve been about 5 months per IP. It certainly is possible tho.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

#6
New IP is 68.232.172.50
I've also claimed it on gametracker.
One of the Scriveners.

Tempest

Hi there, been a while :)

Server went back to 80 ping (boo) for me. Looks like the tracert is in chicago and not San Jose?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN>ping 68.232.172.50

Pinging 68.232.172.50 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 68.232.172.50: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=51
Reply from 68.232.172.50: bytes=32 time=115ms TTL=51
Reply from 68.232.172.50: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=51
Reply from 68.232.172.50: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 68.232.172.50:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 74ms, Maximum = 115ms, Average = 94ms

C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN>tracert 68.232.172.50

Tracing route to 68.232.172.50.choopa.net [68.232.172.50]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     1 ms    39 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2     9 ms    44 ms     9 ms  x.x.x.x
  3    70 ms     8 ms    40 ms  te-7-7-ur01.sfgeary.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.87.196.161]
  4     9 ms    42 ms     9 ms  69.139.199.198
  5    50 ms    12 ms    43 ms  te-1-12-0-13-ar01.sfsutro.ca.sfba.comcast.net [69.139.199.146]
  6    14 ms    38 ms    13 ms  he-3-7-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.213]
  7    63 ms    15 ms    38 ms  pos-0-4-0-0-pe01.11greatoaks.ca.ibone.comcast.ne
t [68.86.87.150]
  8    15 ms   304 ms    14 ms  xe-9-3-0.sjc10.ip4.tinet.net [213.200.80.165]
  9   111 ms    72 ms     *     xe-2-2-3.chi11.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.185.177]
10   280 ms    82 ms     *     gtt-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.70.166]
11   164 ms    73 ms   118 ms  ae1-60g.cr1.ord1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.111.133]
12    76 ms   132 ms    74 ms  tge8-1.ar2.ord1.us.scnet.net [69.31.111.10]
13   258 ms    76 ms   115 ms  68.232.172.50.choopa.net [68.232.172.50]

Trace complete.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :) How's your ping Helen?

Helen

I moved it to san jose and hopped on and my ping was 120. So I decided forget it and just moved it again right away to chicago. My ping looks to be back to 78 (it had been 87 lately to chicago).

Ah well, I'll work on this more when I have more time for UT.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Yes, I also have found that Chicago IL has a good ping for most players - even over seas players.
Now, they (GameServers) recommended that I move my Redirect from Chicago to New York/New Jersey area a few months ago, because it is less problematic and also faster - I agree!
Now, my servers are in Chicago, and the redirects are in NY/NJ area. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

New IP is 208.167.235.62

I tried a game, my ping was a smidge lower, about 77, and it didn't appear to lag, so we'll go with it for awhile and see how it goes.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

I believe my ping used to be 60. My ping is now 55 in-game. However when looking at the server in the browser list is kinda wierd, it's ping is the same as mine which is still on LAN only. Server works well tho.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

I played a few games on the new server.  They seemed pretty decent, so I'm happy if you want to keep the server on the East Coast. You're server has been to more places than I have!  Just like that Troll someone stole and posted pictures with it from around the world.  Lol.

RiTALiN

#13
I was quite abit off before, must have been other network traffic at that time of day, it was morning maybe it was my eyes  ::)  my 5 minute long (avg match length) ping as follows! coolness!

Ping statistics for 208.167.235.62:
    Packets: Sent = 315, Received = 315, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 25ms, Average = 13ms
Control-C
^C
C:\Windows\system32>
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.