Frag Kills - Human vs Bot

Started by 21, Jan 25, 2012, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

Yesterday I was called a cheater because I was just hanging on this server and killing bots to increase my world stats. Which I have never thought or cared about.
At first I thought the other player was just trying to stir things up. Then I wondered if maybe he had a point.  Is there a way to separate human kills from bot kills? I figure my kills would be about a tenth of what they are, but I can live with that. 

Hermskii

Hmmmm? I never thought to divide the kills like that. off the top of my head, I don't see a problem with that but I'm sure there will be one eventually.

Speak up people! What could be wrong with this idea besides it possibly not being possible? I enjoyed that play on words right there. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

#2
I would Love to see it in our medScoreBoards.
I believe it would be possible.
It would be best to be able to toggle it to do it, or not to do it, so you would have a choice.
The admin could enable the split or not in the ini file. ;)
As far as I know, this would be a first.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Two steaming locomotives of thought for this:

A. World stats? What are those? Who cares! When you are playing on the mountain, all frags go into the hall of fame, period. That's the way it is. The bots are part of the game here. I have been asked before if we could "lose the bots" during a map. My response - "No". Not interested in borrrring 1v1. If that fella doesn't care for it, there are plenty of other places to play.

B. Yes it's certainly technically possible to implement this idea. If trying to implement it in medScoreBoard100, a challenge would be keep it compatible with other mutators. If I was going to do this simply for my server, I would just lump it in with V2 of medScoreBoard. But that version is not compatible with a bunch of other mutators. So would have to figure out a different way to do it in V1 of medScoreBoard. (technically what I am talking about is that V2 of medScoreBoard replaces the PlayerReplicationInfo class, while V1 does not). I'd be happy to pass the the source code on to you Hook
:) :) :)
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Wow, I 'd be happy to look at it also - but alas, the new "C" (u-script?) coding escapes me. (so far)
I used to be pretty good with BASIC, COBOL, and a bit of Hex Machine language 30 some years ago, and i know html pretty well.
BUT, when time permits, I certainly DO Intend to study and learn this kind of coding for UT!

I would certainly like to look at this code - even a text file of it so I could study it. :)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]