Broken Ankle

Started by Helen, Mar 16, 2014, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Well on tuesday morning (march 11th), I broke my ankle in three places. I was riding my bike and hit some ice and crashed.

A nice jogger girl called the ambulance and helped me out. Thanks Sydney!

Accident was at about 9:45 am, and I had surgery at 4:30 pm. My first surgery and first anesthesia. Glad I woke up!

The bugger wouldn't stop bleeding for 3 days after the surgery. It finally stopped a couple days ago, and I feel much better.

It will be 6 weeks of no weight-bearing, then physio. I'm rocking the crutches.

Ok nap time.  :)
One of the Scriveners.

StivBators

Wow ! Sorry to hear that. Any pins or screws ?
  Feel better.
Oh yeah, did you get sydney's digits   ;)

RiTALiN

Yeah, i second the wondering about her digits! Terrible news but im glad the bleeding stopped, feel better Helen!  :P I wish thee a speedy recovery!
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

#3
Sydney was 22, so that makes her 24 years my junior :)
The funny thing is, she seemed familiar to me, or maybe that 20 minutes waiting for ambulance is just burned into my memory, making it seem like deja vu.

I do have plates/pins/screws, not sure what, I do want to get a copy of an x-ray somehow.

I have this walking cast:
http://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-fp-walking-brace
which comes off, but only when the nurse visits to change the dressing.

I have a vid of the foot when the dressing is getting changed, I'll get it up hereĀ  sometime.

nap time again, lol.
One of the Scriveners.

21

Man sorry to hear that H. Is your head okay? 
Is your bike still functional?  I know you build pretty decent bicycles. 

I hope they gave you some good meds.

Heal quick!



Hook

How are things now Helen? :-?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

RiTALiN

I second the status update. how's teh Helen?  :P
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

Getting better thanks. Doctor visit in 11 days, hopefully then he will tell me it is ok to start putting weight on it.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hermskii

Where are you again? What country? I just now read all of this. Sorry man about the break. You should know that you are way too old to ride a bike. Just like i was way too old to hang on to a goal post and ripped my shoulder out about 3 weeks back. Just for hanging from a pole like I was going to do a pull up. Sheeeesh! Get better Helen. Tell people it was a war injury.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

#10
Quote from: 0B090804060413610Tell people it was a war injury.
You know Hermskii, if and when I meet you some day, I'll probably die from Laughter as we converse. :o
I am serious!
It is very hard for me to keep a straight face when I read some of your posts. :D
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Here is a video of ankle six days after break/surgery.

http://youtu.be/y7PdAS38Ab0
One of the Scriveners.

21

H,
What the hell man!  That was after?  I can't imagine before.  Jeez stay off the bike, you're lucky it was just an ankle.  I hope you are doing better now.  Sorry have to go..gonna throw up....lol.

StivBators

 :o Wow ! Looks like they used a sledge hammer to perform the surgery.

RiTALiN

the surgical lines going up on the sides...are those stitches that are trying to burst open ?  :-? that look's incredibly painful, i'm glad your recovering tho ! 
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Hook

After watching that, my legs felt like they were going to give out LOL :P :D
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hermskii

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

#17
Hermskii, is that a movie quote?
Or, have you found the key to me Rum locker? :o
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hermskii

Both!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSZfmbFJyQ

Burp!

Sorry about the cussing. I could not find a link with no cussing for the quote from the movie.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

The video was awesome and gross. Thanks. How about an update on your current status?
~Peace~

Hermskii