So...how are you all doing?

Started by TankBeef, Nov 24, 2021, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TankBeef

Hey everyone!!! I hope you are all ok. Well, you may not have been seeing me on the server as active as before. I needed a bit of a break from the game, and Helen is aware of this, but I might become active again these days, so...stay tuned.  ;)
I also admit, I  tried a bit of this Discord thing, but...I don't know...it feels too foreign to me. I like forums, I prefer forums, and yes, I know forums are being abandoned, but I just cannot stop using them.
Well, just wanted to know about you all...take care!!!  8-)

Helen

Tell us also a bit what you do away from the computer.

Work has been pretty busy, by evening, I don't have much energy left for the computer. Just browsing ebay for some nostalgic items.

My dad is an old fella and had a knee replacement recently, there have been a few hiccups since, hoping that works out.

Buttered popcorn and movie before I go to bed.
One of the Scriveners.

TankBeef

Quote from: 70757C787F110Tell us also a bit what you do away from the computer.
Well, let's just say I am focusing on my new eating habits.  ;D I am really feeling much better, the lactose and the gluten were definitely messing me up. And I am exercising, in fact I am going to do that right now, tell you more later.  ;)

Dr Boo

In the thick of holiday stuff here.  I try to grab a game or two each day. It's definitely a bright spot during these short cold days.  I work as a psych RN in a jail and a few matches is a great way to unwind.

Hostile

Definitely need to take care of yourself. Life's short. Seems like yesterday I was young.  ::)
Been building a new house. Takes all my time, but still play a few games in the evening. Never do the social media thing. Forums much ether sense UnrealPlayground days.  I'm old school.

Hoping the best for your dad Helen. Blessings.
My mother had all kinds of problems when she had hers replaced. My ol pop's got the virus, and almost died from the complications. They better now.

Boo guessing you get to see the best in people. :o Can see why you need to unwind with a few games.

It's always pretty warm here, except a few days for couple months in the dead of winter. Been 50s at night 70s by day. If you dont like the weather here, just wait a few days, it will change. Just short days, long work, = no time.

Take care all.  ;)
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

Dr Boo

Quote from: 0B0820202B4F0
Been building a new house. Takes all my time, but still play a few games in the evening. Never do the social media thing. Forums much ether sense UnrealPlayground days.  I'm old school.

Where are you building, Hostile?  I remember playing Domination on provinggrounds.com and we would communicate with IRC.  Everyone I used to frag with is now long gone. I've been very fortunate to have met new wonderful friends though on Helen's server.  HAMMERED, D-Cups, and the others are just tops.

Ray

Quote from: 7B7E7773741A0Tell us also a bit what you do away from the computer.
What is this "away from the computer" that you speak of?
:D ;D 8-)

Helen

Quote from: 41435A5053765B57551855595B360I work as a psych RN
You are a smart person. I wish I could be a psychologist but my brain cannot remember long medical wordz.

Quote from: 7271595952360They better now
So glad to hear it. Life is good when the old folks keep motoring along.

Quote from: 53405F5A51445F5845360What is this "away from the computer" that you speak of?
Three weeks ago my sister and I pledged to workout for 10 minutes every morning for one month. She broke her pledge, I am still going. A week ago I pledged with my niece to also work out a bit in the evening, that one is still going by both of us. Fun fun. I'm hoping to see my abs by spring (I haven't fully seen them for maybe 5 years now).
One of the Scriveners.

Hostile

Quote from: 5B59404A496C414D4F024F43412C0Where are you building, Hostile?
Louisiana.
Slow going with the high prices of late!  >:(
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

TankBeef

How are you all doing??? SUMMER EDITION!!!  ;D
Well, the ones on Discord already know how I am doing, I think. For the rest, well, let's say I can't stay away too long from the mountain. I really can't. I miss it, and I go back in.  ;D Apart from that, this year I have been working out a bit, eating healthy, most of the time, does not mean I can't have a glass of wine once in a while, right?  ;) A lot of heat around here, and a lot of rain...
So, what about you?  :)

Dr Boo

Tank!  Glad to know all is well with you.  It's been a nice summer so far on my end.  Nothing too exciting, but that's just the way I like it. 

Helen

Finally some sunshine (otherwise rain rain rain)
I got back into tennis after 2 years off. My 3rd day back I strained my calf muscle.
I worked on my new/old bike a bit.
One of the Scriveners.

TankBeef

Quote from: 4441484C4B250
I got back into tennis after 2 years off.

Helen plays tennis also, wow.  :)

Quote from: 4441484C4B250My 3rd day back I strained my calf muscle.

Oh boy...hope you are ok.  :-/

Dr Boo

Quote from: 02070E0A0D630
I worked on my new/old bike a bit.
I take mine out every morning and it sets the mood for the entire day.  It's nothing fancy, just a hybrid.  I'll try and do 12-15 miles each trip and I completed ride 91 today.  Speeds are much slower than a road bike though as I'm only doing about 14 mph.

Pablo89

Heeeelllooo Helen(s) did you miss me?

i am very very sorry ive never played on your servers and chit-chat on fourm either, this was my fault,  When I got a new laptop, I did not return to UT99 since then.

I was thinking about you guys when read this article about EPIC wants to shut down the Unreal series game servers
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/14/23509131/epic-games-classic-rock-band-unreal-tournament-shutting-down-online-services

What will happen to your servers after that?
I look at my position in the ranking and I'm 6, it's a shame to lose it


Anyway what about me?
Everything is fine, although on my birthday I found out that my neighbor, who was also my mother's work colleague at the local clinic, passed away.

it's a pity because I liked her very much, when I was little I had problems with reaching the pedals in a mountain bike, which I got for good grades at school, then her older son gave me his BMX for which I thanked him very much.
apart from her death, I felt very sad when a few other people died, Jason David Frank, Ray Liotta, Ichirou Mizuki etc








Helen

Hello Pablo, good to hear from you. The isle server is quiet these days, perhaps if I saw you playing there during my evenings I could join you and we could drum up some business. The servers will still be around, no worries there.

Recent folks to pass that made me stop and think, Eddie Van Halen, Sean Connery.

So myself I'm relatively healthy and happy, it is good to be alive!
One of the Scriveners.

TankBeef

Pablo, nice to meet you. Where are you from? I could play the Isle once in a while, last time I did, the ping was "manageable".

Pablo89

Good to know servers remain active, but still little shame EPIC wanna kill off servers of own franchise after many years.



Quote from: 664A4941624C4B250Pablo, nice to meet you. Where are you from? I could play the Isle once in a while, last time I did, the ping was "manageable".

I am from Poland, my ping are fine, but had other problem  which I don't know how can I fix it because I've tried everything and nothing helps.

As I mentioned, I have a new laptop, everything is great, but there is one thing that annoys me, when I play a lot, the keys stop responding when the last key pressed starts to write itself in one string like that

This is perfect weaponnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 

and never stops typing until close and quickly reopen lid, sometimes launching games olso helps but only those games on what key locks, if start typing on letter G, launching Grand Theft Auto V will slove the problem. That problem olso exist if chit-chat with my friends on discords,  sending emails, or write some my stuff in notepad.

When I used my old computer which had Windows 7, it did not have such a problem with the keys


I was with this on my local serviceman but he refused to help me because he wanted me how this problem on the spot, yes I could do it, but it would have to take a while because this problem appears at an unspecified moment, and only what I know occurs when I play or write.


sigh....
I don't know how long I can handle this problem, but I promised myself that if this laptop become broken, I'm going to buy a stationary one.





TankBeef

Hmmm...if the laptop is new, the store has the obligation to fix it, or better replace it. What model is it?

Dr Boo

Hi Pablo, nice to meet you!  I'm curious if an external kbd might resolve the problem?

I live in the US and play exclusively on the Mountain. I will start looking for you on the other server though.