Recorded videos and demos

Started by vankuss, Oct 05, 2017, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vankuss

this is literally 0 entertainment (there was only one other person in the server when i joined) but i figured i might try to record a demo and make it into a quick short video

added a little track in the background and nothing else. i need to figure out a better way to re-record the demo, fraps gave me gbs of crap because its all raw stuff. i think i found a better method though: record the demo with bandicam so it should be already compressed and it wont kill my pc, and then edit all in vegas. of course, recording real time action would make my computer explode so utdemo is the only solution for me

i usually play offline a lot but theres no point in uploading videos with me playing with bots 

instead, i'll hope to find times when server is 3/5 humans and then hit record. maybe i can make a small compilation lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoGhXkFjArU

Helen

That was cool. I like your talents. Nice that you play around: custom reticule, custom lady announcer, custom frag messages. All fun stuff.
One of the Scriveners.

vankuss

going all world 30 - 0 against bots on defiant.

BTW why the hell the f1 screen shows my ip at the end? lols. i mean i don't mind, but only replaying the demo shows that (and only in some vids, fucking hell the demo manager is so bugged its unbelievable btw)

credits and music at end of vid. made it real quick, i just wanted to do something lol ^^

(@ritalin thanks to demo-ass-manager i lost our match on TheyCrave and the instagib map :( )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9SWTObcjM

Helen

#3
Good job on the all-world! 

I can half explain the IPs showing at the end. I coded that so that when I log in as admin on the server, I can see player IPs. This helps when I have to kick/ban someone.

It looks like the demo manager considers you as admin when you play back the game locally. Sure that's fine. But what amazes me is that the demo manager actually tracked that information for later showing. I mean it's my custom code, how does it know to track it? Wild.

So I'll have to think of a way to prevent them from showing. So good to know. :)
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

#4
The footage FRAPS gives you may be huge in size but it's the rawest highest quality source footage you can get. I've had great success with AVS4You Video Converter with FRAPS footage, the problem most people run into and have problems with fraps is in that most converters don't recognize it's true raw AVI format. And never EVER allow YouTube to auto-stabilize your game footage because it detects shaking! If you can't convert your footage upload it somewhere and I'll convert it for you. Also nice credits in the video, I agree Helen, 21, Clickhaze and all our friends deserve a little more recognition. Al in all....fantastic work.


(@ritalin thanks to demo-ass-manager i lost our match on TheyCrave and the instagib map Sad )

You whaaaat?   :-?

Also hell'z yeah 333rd post!  :P gotta keep 21 active and reading.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

vankuss

GAME IN MAGMA

there's a piston killing which was funny (i almost killed myself with it because i didnt notice i had switched to it lmao and pressed secondary fire on walls). don't get scared by my noobish moves

anyway if i remember correctly:
helen, sub zero, kijek, kowal, vankuss, alexandro for a bit i think

@helen: you'll notice there's no F1 screen at the end... well turns out i had all the IPs of the people in the match, lol. i didnt want to show them so i didn't bring it up.

@ritalin: nono fraps is fine, i like the raw footage, i just had to find the right settings for sony vegas. my upload speed is very shitty so i can't let myself post a wrong video or something, it'd take me forever to reupload..



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr4r4Ak6gWg

Helen

Thank you again for taking the time to make that video, I enjoyed watching it. A good map to video, lots of action.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Kickass video! Nice job to all who played. Question though. The Isle is running Enhanced Weapons? Those combo rings and bio goo are not standard.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

Quote from: 170B360D0706110B060207430The Isle is running Enhanced Weapons
No, just vankuss sees them, he has them on his client.
One of the Scriveners.

vankuss

yes, it's just the nexx2 tweaks with less stuff on (i disabled a few).
i think you can find them on medor's database under TWEAKS. wait let me see my file.
alright basically it changes the primary shock and the combo animation; the flak's shrapnel color; a bit the minigun and the biogoo; and at the end most of the pickup messages and hud messages. nothing that could help me/cheat, it's just to give game a fresh look i guess

btw im sorry if the videos are not that great but i have no editing skills whatsoever, i just put the footage in vegas, put some music, add credits, that's it.
if you don't like the music tell me i'll try to change it around.

i mostly do these for myself but its very nice that other people enjoy them ^^

(ps should i upload other match from that day? the problem is i can't go in first person with other dudes and i can just see myself so i'll pick only matches i won :D )

RiTALiN

the best situation for recording a multi-person match is to have someone dedicated recording from spec or engine itself. But the videos are very well done in my opinion, I enjoy the music, the footage, and the credits alike. Cool to know those are now client side I happen to like them so I'll grab a download for it but was just curious about it showing up on the isle. I don't get there that often. My only gripe about the footage is minor and personal. Everyone run's UT with such bleak looking color and textures  :-/ This game and series has always pushed the graphical envelope so to speak.

@"(ps should i upload other match from that day? the problem is i can't go in first person with other dudes and i can just see myself so i'll pick only matches i won)"

yeah upload your footage when you deem it good enough. I used to have a video I did of 150 frags against 15 bots in under 10 minutes with 0 deaths with UT3 so whatever you like put it up. It's your footage who care's what other people think.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

RiTALiN

Taken today just for the heck of it, the recording in game took away a solid 50+FPS for me so I apologize for the lag. Beat 21 tho! :P  ;D

https://youtu.be/56qB_i6spco
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

You look like a pro from that perspective.

Hey, you don't play with that red screen flash on purpose, do you?

Open console, type 'preferences' and hit enter.
Advanced Options window will open.
Expand 'Display', and set 'ScreenFlashes' to false.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Honestly I forgot to set it to off lol, I usually play without it but obviously didn't notice it :P Haha I'll have to find a leaner recording software but that match was a lot of fun, having a hardwired mouse helps a lot. I didn't realize just how much movement wasn't being picked up by my wireless one when it came to polling. So I guess I've been decent for a while again just wasn't seeing the fruit's of my labors xD. I don't consider myself a "Pro" by any stretch of imagination. BUT.......<I'm the 21 kiLLeR>  :P Bring it Nemesis!
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

Good job Ritalin!  Well played!  It's cool seeing how other players look.  Good for improving your UT skills!  Cya