Why is Fantasia dying?

Started by TankBeef, Mar 31, 2022, 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TankBeef

Sev posted an image of The Neverending Story on the April Fool's thread. I love that film, one of my favorites. So...I decided to post my favorite dialogue from that film.

G'mork:
Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.

Atreyu:
But why is Fantasia dying, then?

G'mork:
Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.

Atreyu:
What is the Nothing?

G'mork:
It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.

Atreyu:
But why?

G'mork:
Because people who have no hopes are easy to control. And whoever has control has the Power.

Se7eN

That was good to reminisce on, TankBeef. I haven't seen the movie since childhood and admittedly have forgotten much of it. I think I'm going to re-watch it.