My First Win!

Started by Dr Boo, Apr 15, 2021, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Boo

My first win against humans (and not just bots).  Actually, two wins in a row.  Very excited about this.  My skill level is average at best so there was considerable luck involved.  I'll take it though.  More importantly, a great bunch of players on each day/night that I look forward to fragging with (HAMMERED, HAMJO, Hostile, Jim, Cups, Tank, Alex, Happy, Red_Dog, Helen, B&W, etc)!

Helen

One of the Scriveners.

Dr Boo

#2
Thanks, Helen - That stats info is incredibly detailed!  The other win I managed 9 kills with the hammer.  http://www.birdieman.com/stats/2021/04/20210415.2020.19.DM.VengadorV.7777.htm

TankBeef

#3
Alright Boo!!! Congratulations!!!  ;D Feels great, doesn't it?
My first win was either Judith or Sepulchrum. Actually, I have at least two wins on Judith. That map is so cool, wish I could see it on rotation again.
Oh, and you won on Unit, cool!!! Try to solve the password next time.   ;)

Dr Boo

Thanks, Tank!  My kills are usually on the lower end but things were just clicking on those maps tonight. Is there a puzzle to solve on Unit?  I'm completely unaware if there is. So much to still learn on these maps. My all-time favorite map is DOM-Lament.

TankBeef

Quote from: 3C3E272D2E0B262A28652824264B0Thanks, Tank!  My kills are usually on the lower end but things were just clicking on those maps tonight. Is there a puzzle to solve on Unit?  I'm completely unaware if there is. So much to still learn on these maps. My all-time favorite map is DOM-Lament.
Boo, have you seen this link? Helen's maps are here for download. http://birdieman.com/unreal.htm There is also a "map secrets" section, do not click if you don't like spoilers.  ;)

Dr Boo

Thanks, Tank - I had not seen that!  I'll probably skip the "secrets" section though so I can be floored when I sort it out.  lol