Errors that boot you from servers

Started by 21, Dec 28, 2011, 01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

I have noticed that during the last few months I have been kicked from a few servers with texture errors.  I played this game for over a year without any problems and now I have reloaded UT and it's Open GL patch over and over again lately. In all instances I was running version 436 and I used XP or Windows 7.  Any thoughts?

Hermskii

Yes. Which OpenGL driver are you using exactly?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

21 said he recently downloaded the one off my site, but I checked and I have a hodgepodge in there, so I cleaned them up and renamed them better. So now in my downloads directory I have these 3 files:

//www.birdieman.com/downloads/utOpenGLDrv35.rar
//www.birdieman.com/downloads/utOpenGLDrv36.rar
//www.birdieman.com/downloads/utOpenGLDrv37.rar

You can't tell which version you have by looking at the dll in your system folder, but you can tell by the date of the dll, I believe the various Date Modified values are these:

V35 = Feb 22 2009
V36 = Nov 11 2009
V37 = Jul 25 2010

I myself am using V35. Below I'll post the openGL section from my UnrealTournament.ini. Be careful that some might be specific to your own install. Notice there are a couple of settings with notes behind them. One other that you may have to change would be RefreshRate, I think this should match the refresh rate of your monitor.


[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
AAFilterHint=0
AlwaysMipmap=True
AutoGenerateMipmaps=False
BufferClippedActorTris=False
BufferTileQuads=False
CacheStaticMaps=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
Coronas=False
DescFlags=0
DetailClipping=False
DetailMax=0
DetailTextures=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
FrameRateLimit=150
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.250000
HighDetailActors=True
LODBias=0.000000
MaskedTextureHack=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxTMUnits=0
MinLogTextureSize=0
NoFiltering=False
NoMaskedS3TC=False
NumAASamples=0
OneXBlending=True
RefreshRate=60
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
ShareLists=False
ShinySurfaces=False
SinglePassDetail=True
SinglePassFog=False
SwapInterval=-1
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
Translucency=True
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
Use16BitTextures=False
UseAA=False
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseBGRATextures=True
UseCVA=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UsePrecache=True
UseS3TC=False <- Set true if you got the 2nd cd textures installed
UseSSE=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTNT=False
UseTrilinear=True
UseTruForm=False <- This is for ATI cards
UseVertexProgram=False
UseZTrick=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ZRangeHack=False
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
ShinySurfaces=true
One of the Scriveners.

21

I'm using Version 36.  Seems okay right now.

Hermskii

Are you using S3TC high resolution textures too?
~Peace~

Hermskii

21

I'm not sure. Where would I look?  I'm not really good at this stuff..lol.

Hermskii

If you aren't sure then you are not using them. Trust me. Is it still all working for you good again now?
~Peace~

Hermskii

21

Yes, except I keep getting fluctuating ping.  Usually I fall between 0-50, last couple of days i was around 150-250.  Maybe my neighbours are downloading movies  lol.

Hermskii

Maybe your neighbor is EvilGrins! He likes movies.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

[movedhere] Mount St. Helen Server [move by] Helen.
One of the Scriveners.