Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ran out of virtual memory (Read 3371 times)
TheMartMan
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Ran out of virtual memory
Sep 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am
Print Post  
I installed the pre-packaged UT on the server and now get this message about freeing space on my primary hard drive. Currently there is 400GB free! How much does UT need lol. UT won't start in regular or safe mode. Anyone know how to fix this? I got past it once but now its happening more often.

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Re: Ran out of virtual memory
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Hi there.  It sounds like you have lots of hard drive memory.  But maybe low on the memory that runs your pc? What are your pc specs?

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
A. First thing to try is an easy one. Find your UnrealTournament.exe, right-click on it, and select properties. Look for the Compatibility tab. Set the Compatibility Mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". Try that.

B. If that doesn't work, download this and apply it: http://birdieman.com/downloads/UTDualCorePatch.rar

C. If that doesn't work either, then tell us your computer specs and we will start googling. I get it myself in a particular case, and that is if I have had MS Visual Studio open. Even after I close it, I still have to go to the task manager and find the vsHub.exe process and kill it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TheMartMan
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Restarting the computer helps sometimes working now. PC is 32GB. i7-7700 500GB NVMe main drive  2TB data drive. Geforce GTX 1080 ti

IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Uh, that's quite a PC setup.  You can play any game with that!  Have you reinstalled the game?  For instance, I bought the game from GOG gaming. It's a quick download and all ready to go with the 436 patch.  You can also get a free copy from:

http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php

Good luck!

IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Hi to The Mart Man! Smiley

Just need to interject that...
LOL, virtually ANY PC will run UT99 - I know of people running 5 UT99 Servers at once on on old Pentium II LOL.
Sooo, it is Not your PC setup, but most likely a setting somewhere.

Now. let the smart people continue helping you Smiley  ...

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

TheMartMan
YaBB Newbies

Hello

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks to everyone with the help. I think compatibility mode solved the problem. Haven't had the out of memory deal since then.

Hook - you are right about UT99 being so old it plays on just about anything. I kept building new computers with the latest and greatest video card or processor or whatever and ended up using it to play UT lol. Problem now is things like 4k displays. UT really freaked on that. I'm back on a dual 1920x1200 setup for UT and it works great.

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
First off, Hello to "The Mart Man".....I used to set mine to Compatibility Mode for Windows 2000, but Microsoft being generally retarded decided to remove that option in the latest versions of Windows. With UT99 set to XP SP3 you should also have smoother framerates and gameplay. At least that's been my constant experience with it. Also with an Nvidia GPU you might find OpenGL preferable to Direct 3D which for older games like UT99 ATi/AMD cards seem to prefer. A lot of people have told me UT99 freaks on 4k displays but the last 4 people with those displays got their issues straightened out with Min/Max FPS changes under UT's advanced Options and finding valid refresh rates. Also most of UT's general errors are lies. Talking about diffie helman compression issues and the like. If your using an Intel CPU disable Intel Enhanced Speed Step in the BIOS and that will solve any speed up/slow down issues. Hope you stay running well, look forward to fragging you soon.

-ch33rz- Cheesy

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint