Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How many maps poll... (Read 1125 times)
Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

How many maps poll...
Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Altogther, unless you wanna list them by gametype, how many maps do you have for UT?

Now, whether you use MapVote, MapRandomizer, or some other map mutator to determine what you play next, how many of those maps do you regularly play on?

Reason I'm asking: I've got 1,420 maps but I tend to find I frequently only regularly play about a dozen of them.

Was wondering if this was common to the rest of you too.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: How many maps poll...
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I use a DM map rotation of 55 maps, with about 15 others that get swapped in now and then. So I play 70 DM maps regularly.

I have a couple of thousand others that I downloaded to see if I wanted to put them on my server. I don't use them, but I keep them around to remind me that I've already checked them out.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
I play the same maps over and over too.  I probably play 5-10 of the same maps.  Surprising that I suck so much on them  lol....

IP Logged

vankuss

Hello

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
i think i have more than 10.000 if you include gamemodes other than DM/Classic
one day when i end up in hell or heaven i'll sit on my pc and sort them all. but till then, only 100 or so have been sorted out lol.

i have an Excel sheet where i put info on all the ordered ones, same for skins+models, voicepacks, gamemodes and mutators, etc. but i don't really have the time for this. the way i sort the maps is simple: delete the one that i REALLY dislike, fix the ones that are broken, assign them a category/pack, etc. for example all the original maps are under "Original"; all the Unreal ones are in "Classic", etc. then there's an arbitrary size column, name, a "Done" check (it means the map is complete/ultimate, nothing left to do) and a "Note" column (for example, a map can't really be played with bots so I'll type it there [maybe too many jump pads or simply can't be pathed]  or "add a lift exit here" or "fix the bot pathing, remove shock" etc)

i have no way to count how many maps I have (multiple installations + if i select all in the archives it's gonna select read-mes too etc) but it's more than 8k, 9k for sure

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint