Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What monster would you / do you like to play as? (Read 1303 times)
Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

What monster would you / do you like to play as?
Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
There's this mutator, of sorts, called Coop that let's you play UT as an Unreal1 monster. Literally any of the monsters, even the NaliCows (believe it or not). Some folks even have servers dedicated to this specific mutator/gametype.

I expect some of you know of what I speak, while others are gazing upon these words mildly freaked.

Yes, it's real.

Only tricky part is some monsters are too big to fit through some doorways.

For those that have played it, or haven't as yet, which monster do you / would you like to play as?

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: What monster would you / do you like to play as?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Cookie Monster!

No I don't know, I don't ever play with/against monsters.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Re: What monster would you / do you like to play as?
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
The ones I'm partial to are due to the taunt keys. Despite being monsters, they have taunts built into them like any standard player model... but in the case of monsters it activates one of their "powers".

For example, the Warlord. It's basically a really BIG Skaarj with gargoyle wings. So, naturally it can fly... which is fun. However, in the original release of Unreal the Warlord could disappear when it's health was low. Coop version has this too, you essentially disappear... you're still there but you're invisible.

Can't shoot again until you become visible but it remains a handy way to move around in secret.

Got a visual here, though this isn't Coop:

All forms of Skaarj Military have an energy shield on a gauntlet. Unlike actual Skaarj, when you activate this in Coop you literally can't be killed at all, no matter what side you get shot on. Downside is you can't shoot and shield yourself at the same time... so to win you can't do this all the time.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint