Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic HallOfGiants Extreme with Extras (Read 1858 times)
Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

HallOfGiants Extreme with Extras
May 27th, 2016 at 11:05am
Print Post  
My map editing skills are decent but I can only do so much with what I know now. What I knew then, back when this went down, was significantly less.

Most folks know I've got a fixation on Skaarj & the HallOfGiants maps. One of my fave of those maps was called HallOfGiantsExtreme, which is essentially red-themed and two of the standard maps of this type put end to end. Making for a much longer playing area with more tubes and more play, and given the number of redeemers on the map... extra fun.

A problem the map initially had was that the ground-tubes on 1 side didn't work. You couldn't get inside them so it was still fun but irritating. After busing the map around trying to find someone who could fix this, and being told on various fronts it wasn't fixable, just as I was about to give up I ran it by Helen and, low and behold, it got fixed.

I've since added Skaarj to the map, who can survive multiple redeemer hits, with enhanced moves... plus 1 playerbot. Also changed the music:

Honestly not sure why it didn't occur to me to share this until now... it's been as done as done can be since 2013.

usual suspects
===========
.unr /maps
.umx /music

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/download/hc8ginwpqkp2nge/DM-HallOfGiantsExtremeExtras.z...

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: HallOfGiants Extreme with Extras
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I fixed the map and you post lots of great screenshots here, I got a good deal Smiley Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2016 at 3:49am by Ray »  
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Got 1 tiny regret with this map.

About a year or so back my computer crashed and all my files got transferred to a new system my friend built for me. A majority of my UT content became Read-Only, meaning in order to change anything I'd have to make newer versions of things. Easy to do with the .ini & .int files, bit harder to do with some of the .utx so I mainly only did that with newer projects I worked on.

Before I released this map I credited Helen in the selection window, so anyone who chose to play it would see "edited  by Helen" before starting a game... but I forgot the map was locked in Read-Only. Sure, you can play it, but as I didn't do the work around for that, the Helen crediting didn't show up.

My bad.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint