Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic medUCC - utility to help with batch compress/decompress of ut files (Read 3767 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

medUCC - utility to help with batch compress/decompress of ut files
Jan 31st, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Download here: http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/medUCC.rar

When you open it, click the med > Help menu at top left for instructions.

Any problems, let me know.

Screenshots:

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Re: medUCC - utility to help with batch compress/decompress of ut files
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 2:47am
Print Post  
At first I was confused until I actually read the screen and I saw it specifying the UT directory itself not that of UCC.exe tested and currently extracting....(well decompressing about 220GB's of compressed content.) No errors simple easy to use, like the blue U .ico file too btw. Once again I salute your talents and efficiency. Does exactly what i want with no errors whatsoever. I assume same would go for any game utilizing the same base CL-Utility (UCC) Wonderful Job H! You should definitely release this to the public. There are many more people with the same dilemma.  Smiley Thank you very, Very much.

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
worked flawlessly on the whole batch from start to finish, simpler and easier to use than pretty much any alternative I have found. Nice Job H! Mucho Gracias.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Glad it worked for you Smiley
It also works for original Unreal Tournament files.
Unknown if it works for UT3.

Yeah, if anybody needs some sort of basic file manipulation task automated, let me know and I could try to make it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Ok so visually MedUCC.exe does its job however once it completes and I check the directory there are maybe a couple uncompressed files at most. I've been decompressing 50GB's at a time but the first time I tried your executable H it worked pretty well until I tried to use it again after seeing those leftover files and although it goes through saying extracting etc, after checking the directory NOTHING was uncompressed. Interesting note tho, after using your MedUCC.exe on the directory once, UT2004Mi now extracts those leftover files correctly, so I'm unsure as to the reasons behind it, but I got it working between the two executables. So I can give you a small portion of the files in the compressed format for your testing purposes, but I did want to come back and let you know there ARE inconsistencies with your MedUCC.exe.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Any chance the files it does not decompress are really huge? All I can think of is that it (medUCC) waits up to a minute for a file to be decompressed, I don't know what happens if the file needs longer than that. I could increase that wait time.

You say you have been doing it 50GB at a time. Curious then if you are moving the files in and out of a directory where the decompressing is taking place. Not that that is necessary, just trying to get the situation.

Could you post a file it does not work for.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 6:35am
Print Post  
I'll try and be quick and straightforward as possible.
1. Filesize is all over the map mostly small, but nothing that should take over a minute, that im pretty sure of, especially not sound or system files. Maps i could see but those ive still got mostly in queue.

2. I've been doing it 50GB's at a time because I'm also currently low on space, I've got a 2z 2TB RAID 0 stripe containing another 4TB's of my music server as well as a 2TB disk internal for my video collection/server and about 2 installations of Unreal Tournament 99 & 2k4 each, I play from my Anthology on my primary drive where the files also reside. My servers run off the GoG releaes of UT both 99 & 2k4. So because i've got about 160GB's free currently i've moved 50GB's at a clip to my 3rd internal the video drive.So yes, I have moved the files once extracted out of the directory and into another say Extracted Files in
F:\Temp\UnrealTournament2004\System\xXx.u to F:\Temp\System_Extracted\ staying on the same drive because currently it has the most available space.(I have been doing 24hr conversions of my video library to x265 vs x264) so that freed me up quite abit of space.

3. Yes I will upload some here in .zip but if you'd like i can also upload some of the larger one's to your FTP. Lemme know if you want me to do that as well.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
RiTALiN wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 6:35am:
3. Yes I will upload some here in .zip but if you'd like i can also upload some of the larger one's to your FTP. Lemme know if you want me to do that as well.

I'd just be after some of the ones that failed.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint