Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Low ping lag part 35 (Read 2421 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

Low ping lag part 35
Dec 14th, 2014 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
In yet another effort to improve my low ping lag I switched my ISP from Rogers to Bell (the 2 biggest ISP's in Canada). In my case  it did successfully result in different tracert routes to servers.  Unfortunately, it's still as laggy as .....&*^&*%.  There is no difference in gameplay.  It's kind of a relief actually. I have wondered for years if a new provider would be better and it's not.  So why am I so laggy with a ping of 30?  Who knows.  I recently reinstalled UT, lowered my res to 800x600, tried dif renderers,and turned off Vsync for a better framerate.  Plus the PC, vid card, monitor a while back. Anyway, I think it's time to move in a new direction.  I have spent too much time and cash trying to solve this problem.  I now have 3 options:

1) Play for fun..not results
or
2) Make my kills by predictive aiming at doorways and spawn locations. Getting in firefights isn't working anymore.  It's just not practical when hits aren't recognized.
or
3) Quit!  Are you kidding me? I'm too stupid to do that. 

Anyway, just a few thoughts....

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Low ping lag part 35
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Keep netspeed between 4000 and 5000.

While in game, press F6, it will be the last number. To see it change, bring up console and type in for example

Code
Select All
netspeed 4200 

you will see it change right then.

You have to check this value now and then, some servers will change it on you.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Are you getting this lag everywhere? or just on some servers?
Also other stuff on your home network may be causing lag to the outside world, all your machines go out as 1 stream. Are other people in your household streaming video or downloading/uploading?

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2014 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I forgot to write that I do change the Netspeed too. Some servers keep making 20000 on me.  I generally try to keep it under 10000.

Is my connection shared?  Yes.  But quite often when I play late at night, I am the only one up.  As for servers that I play on, the most laggy servers have ACE and other protection crap.  I was seriously hoping it was my connection.  Anyway, everytime I lose confidence I hop on Helen's server and my weapons work again. It would so cool though if the gameplay transferred to other servers.  It gets pretty tiring running out of ammo and not killing anyone.  I'm just going to experiment and try to learn some new stuff.  Thanks for the help    cya.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint