Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DM-StivBators (Read 3424 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

DM-StivBators
Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
How's the motivation factor coming along  Smiley

Do you like giving us preview screenshots? Or do you want to wait until it is perfect?

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

StivBators

Hello

Re: DM-StivBators
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Here's a wireframe, as there is no texturing or lighting. But I may scrap this and start over. Been checking out other levels to see how they do it and getting some ideas. Cant seem to break the room-hall-room syndrome.
    Or maybe I'll finish this just to get back in the flow of finishing a level. I've started many but finished only two.  Sad

Meh.bmp ( 5145 KB | Downloads )
Meh.bmp

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Looks interesting so far! Size is medium/large, lots of texturing to do! And details! lol, here I am making it sound ominous Smiley Nah just a little bit at a time and it'll get done.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Having just spent last weekend retooling a map, I was reminded how long those things can take when you want to do a good job.

A point I want to raise is what I did when I had "mapper's block". Lately (about last 3 months), I will start retooling a map, but then I draw a blank as to what I want to do, so the map gets parked for later. This had probably happened for 5 maps in a row. Finally on the last one I was attempting I just forced myself to do a plain "whatever it took" to connect two rooms. Simply two down ramps and one hall. It was ugly, but it visually helped me "see" what I really wanted. Then the whole thing started flowing.

Hope that helps. I'm using that lesson for DM-HellsGate, I want to redo the basement. Last nite I just plain old jammed in two staircases, and that has helped me see the shape I need for the basement.

StivBators wrote on Mar 30th, 2013 at 5:51pm:
Here's a wireframe, as there is no texturing or lighting.

Zero textures? I at least pick out wall/floor/ceiling as I go along. I wouldn't be able to picture it otherwise. Interesting.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Yeah - wall/floor/ceiling - which also makes it easier to re-texture when the time comes. Wink

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #5 - May 6th, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
This is awesome work, really nice design overall, reminds me abit of hyperblast. for what it's worth i could see this in both industrial style textures or jungle type textures. really awesome tho prop's  Wink

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint