Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Did you see that??? (Read 2752 times)
Hermskii
privatehook

Did you see that???
Jan 21st, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I saw this server packed the other day in middle of the afternoon. Awesome. Do you advertise it for the folks to come here too? What was your secret to create this event of a packed server? Congrats!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Did you see that???
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Yes, I did see that, that was quite a shock. At one point it was full, 16 players.

I joined as specator to see if they were all real lol. I didn't ask how they found me, just luck of the draw probably, but I asked if it was a LAN party, and one of them told me they were playing from an all guys school. I could just imagine the cd install disk getting passed around.

They had some pretty juvenile names though, so I'm editing one of my mods this weekend to exclude naughty words from player's names. Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Re: Did you see that???
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
That's awesome. It is funny to me too that Around 8 years ago I started one of my first servers. On it, I installed a mod made to do exactly that; to remove nasty names and modify cussing if it happened.

I was leaned on pretty hard by lots of folks to remove these preventive measures. I refused. I can't count how many emails I have replied to over the years explaining to people how I did it so they could do the same on their servers. I then applied the same standards to my forum and again got a lot of resistance for it at first.

Now, I see everybody starting to lean in the same direction that I didn't start but was one of the first to implement. Now there are more "good manners" servers and forums than ever before. I like to think of myself as one of the founders of this concept and am thrilled to see you Helen deciding for yourself it is a great way to go. Peace!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint